Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Computer has no video output whatsoever. Help!

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 EvanKlugDotCom

EvanKlugDotCom

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:57 PM

Posted 23 March 2013 - 02:59 PM

Hi there. It's my first post here, so if it's in the wrong section/forum/whatever, sorry about that. :)

I am trying to set up a computer to be a server to host XChat or Gaming servers (Such as Team Fortress 2 or Minecraft servers)
But no matter what I try I get no output of video. The power button stays orange as if nothing is happening.
I can hear it booting, the hard drive sound, the CD drive spinning, etc.

This computer worked last month, and I didn't touch anything in it at all since then.

Here is what I have tried:

1. Trying different monitors. Same thing happens.
2. Trying different cables. One of my VGA cables stopped working one time, so I'm not sure. I also switched from VGA to DVI and still no output.
3. Tried switching the video card. I switched from a nice gaming video card to an old crappy one I found in the garage. Nope.
4. Changed orientation of the computer. I just kind of ran out of ideas. It has fixed an Xbox before, so it was worth a shot.

I am out of ideas. If you have any idea what the problem could be, please reply. It would make me really happy if I got it working.

Thanks a lot,
Evan

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Uncle Rim

Uncle Rim

• Members
  • 29 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:57 AM

Posted 25 March 2013 - 03:20 AM

Hi Evan, the orange power light is of concern. They usually turn green. Unless your computer is unusual it probably does not complete POST. Are there ay beep codes?

#3 EvanKlugDotCom

EvanKlugDotCom
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:57 PM

Posted 25 March 2013 - 05:33 PM

Hey there. Sorry, this forum took so unbelievably long to respond I gave up here and went somewhere else, which had already fixed the problem. 

It was right here. http://www.geekstogo.com/forum/topic/328624-computer-has-no-video-output-whatsoever-help/page__p__2276760#entry2276760

Geeks to go is much more reliable and fast to respond than this old blog.

How do you delete a topic here? I can't figure it out.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users