Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

PC Gaming/need a new mouse

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 curlly62

curlly62

• Members
  • 24 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:01 AM

Posted 23 March 2013 - 11:00 AM

I don't play "attack" type games. Mostly match 3, hidden object and time mgmt/strategy games. But I also do alot of searching on my computer for a multitude of subjects. Basically, I am on my computer about 6 to 8 hours a day.

I am having alot of PAIN in my middle finger and palm of my hand. So I am looking for a mouse that will help relieve that pain.

I have been looking at the GYRATION that doesn't require a flat service. Was wondering if anyone has opinions on this mouse or could suggest something else.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

THANKS

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Dacar92

Dacar92

• Members
  • 232 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:01 AM

Posted 23 March 2013 - 07:14 PM

I don't have any suggestions on a mouse but just wanted to say that a several years back I learned to mouse with my other hand.  Now I can switch back and forth.  It relieves a lot of stress on my hands/wrist/fingers.  It is very awkward but given some time and practice it works, for me at least.  Now I can play any game with either hand.  Although games like Skyrim and the like, that use WASD work much better mousing with the right.  Now I mouse with my right hand at home and with my left at work.  Later I can have carpal tunnel in both when I get old.  LOL

Let me know if you find a mouse that works for you.  I may have a look too.

Edited by Dacar92, 23 March 2013 - 07:14 PM.

What's the point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes? -- The Doctor

#3 curlly62

curlly62
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 24 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:01 AM

Posted 23 March 2013 - 08:03 PM

Oh Wow...My Dad is ambidextrous, but I don't think I could do that. I might have to try though. I am really thinking about getting one of the mice that look like a joy stick. I found some at a pretty reasonable price. But what I would really love to have are the mice that don't require a flat service, the ones that are handheld. People use them for presentations and such. But I don't think they would work for gaming.

I will let you know if I come up with anything that works.

Thanks for your response.

#4 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 73,530 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:01 AM

Posted 25 March 2013 - 07:53 PM

Have you ever tried a trackball? Less hand motion.

I find this one very comfortable, but you need to go to a store and rest your hand on them to see which feels best..
Logitech M570 Wireless Trackball
How do I get help? Who is helping me?For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear....Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users