Lets check for infections before removing the pop up
- Please download TDSSKiller from here and save it to your Desktop
- Doubleclick on TDSSKiller.exe to run the application, then click on Change parameters
- Check Loaded Modules and Detect TDLFS file system. Do not check Verify file digital signatures (even though it is checked in the example)
- If you are asked to reboot because an "Extended Monitoring Driver is required" please click Reboot now
- Click Start Scan and allow the scan process to run
- If threats are detected select Skip for all of them unless I instruct you otherwise
- Click Continue
- Click Reboot computer
- Please post the contents of TDSSKiller.[Version]_[Date]_[Time]_log.txt found in your root directory (typically c:\)in your reply
- Due to forum upgrade you may face issues posting the TDSSkiller log.Just last few lines of log is sufficient
- Please download Rkill by Grinler from one of the 4 links below (if one of them does not work try another.) and save it to your desktop:
- Link 1
- Link 2
- Link 3
- Link 4
- In order for Rkill to run properly you must disable your anti-malware software. Please refer to this page if you are not sure how.
- Double-click on Rkill. (If you are using Windows Vista, please right-click on it and select Run As Administrator)
- Note: You may have to run Rkill a few times before it is successful. You may also have to download Rkill from a different link which will save it as a different file name.
- A black screen will appear and then disappear. Please do not worry, that is normal. This means that the tool has been successfully executed.
- An Rkill.log will appear. Please copy and paste the contents in your reply (file also located at c:\rkill.log)
- Do not reboot your computer after running Rkill as the malware programs will start again. If your computer reboots, run Rkill again before continuing on to the next step.
- If nothing happens or if the tool does not run, please let me know in your next reply.
ESET Online Scanner
I'd like us to scan your machine with ESET OnlineScan This process may may take several hours, that is normal
- Hold down Control and click on this link to open ESET OnlineScan in a new window.
- Click the button.
- For alternate browsers only: (Microsoft Internet Explorer users can skip these steps)
- Click on to download the ESET Smart Installer. Save it to your desktop.
- Double click on the icon on your desktop.
- Click the Start button.
- Accept any security warnings from your browser.
- Under scan settings, check "Scan Archives" and "Remove found threats"
- Click Advanced settings and select the following:
- Scan potentially unwanted applications
- Scan for potentially unsafe applications
- Enable Anti-Stealth technology
- ESET will then download updates for itself, install itself, and begin scanning your computer. Please be patient as this can take some time.
- When the scan completes, click List Threats
- Copy and paste the information in your next reply. Note: If no malware was found you will not get a log.
- Click the Back button.
- Click the Finish button
Junkware Removal Tool by thisisu
- Please download Junkware Removal Tool
- Disable your AntiVirus and AntiSpyware applications, usually via a right click on the System Tray icon. They may otherwise interfere with our tools. (Click on this link to see a list of programs that should be disabled. The list is not all inclusive.)
- Right-mouse click JRT.exe and select Run as administrator (Windows XP double click the icon)
- Please allow the program time to run
- Once completed a Notepad document will open on your desktop
- Copy and paste the contents in your reply.
Things I would like to see in your next reply. Please be sure to copy and paste the information rather than send an attachment.
- TDSSKiller log
- RKILL log
- ESET log
- Junkware removal tool log
Edited by narenxp, 23 March 2013 - 10:43 AM.