Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Needed help with DOJ virus and joined

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Amry

Amry

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:47 PM

Posted 22 March 2013 - 10:37 PM

Hi. I am currently running Emsisoft malware because we have the Department of Justice random ware irus. I am running a deep scan and so far it has taken 4 hours, I am 80% done and have 12 infected files. Is this normal to take so long to scan? Thanks v

Edit: Moved topic from Introductions to the more appropriate forum. ~ Animal

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Sneakycyber

Sneakycyber

Network Engineer

• BC Advisor
  • 6,123 posts
  •  

Posted 23 March 2013 - 12:22 AM

Depending on the number of files scanned it can take a VERY long time. If you have alot of media files on the pc or you do not regularly clear your temp folders it can take a day to scan. I have had a scan on a 1tb drive take almost 6 hours With Malwarebytes and 12 with Eset. Rest assured its leaving no stone unturned.

Edited by Sneakycyber, 23 March 2013 - 12:23 AM.

Chad Mockensturm 
Network Engineer
Certified CompTia Network +, A +

#3 Amry

Amry
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 23 March 2013 - 11:08 AM

Thank you. I am scanning again this morning and found 9 more viruses. It is deep scanning, I think I might have bumped something when I touched it before I could quarantine.

#4 Amry

Amry
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 24 March 2013 - 08:42 AM

Ok now I have run virus scans both quick and full/ deep with malware bytes and emsisoft. I have one remaining virus that won't be deleted. It tells me urgent you must restart your computer to actively remove this virus. I don't want to do that

#5 Amry

Amry
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 24 March 2013 - 08:46 AM

Now it tells me the following objects can't be removed wgsdgsdgsdgsdg.dll. Go to Emsisoft support but I can't my computer won't let me use the internet

#6 Sneakycyber

Sneakycyber

Network Engineer

• BC Advisor
  • 6,123 posts
  •  

Posted 24 March 2013 - 11:42 AM

If the system prompts you to reboot to remove the files Please do so. The system can't remove a file when its in use or locked.

Chad Mockensturm 
Network Engineer

#7 Amry

Amry
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 24 March 2013 - 12:06 PM

Thank you. I did it and now everything seems back to normal, finally!!!!

#8 Sneakycyber

Sneakycyber

Network Engineer

• BC Advisor
  • 6,123 posts
  •  

Posted 24 March 2013 - 02:06 PM

Now that your system is secure make sure your java, flashplayer and Windows are up to date Download Security Check and let the scan run. When its finished it will create a log that you can post in your next reply.

Chad Mockensturm 
Network Engineer

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users