Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Sticky Key Issue(s)

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 jcd1006

jcd1006

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:13 AM

Posted 22 March 2013 - 07:10 PM

Hello everyone.  I have a Dell Laptop that was brought to me by a friend with issues that look similar to sticky key settings.  However when I went into the Ease of Access center Sticky Keys was disabled.  I tried turning it on, applying the change, turning it back off, applying the change and still nothing.  I tried a virus scan that brought back a clean scan.

I then created a new user account.  When I logged into the new user account the keyboard worked properly!!  At this point I could switch users to the original and it would continue working correctly.  However once I restarted the computer it would go back to messing up.  After the restart I could go into either account first and it would have the issue.  However if I switched users then the second accessed account would work fine.  

I decided to go into the registry and edit the value of the flags for sticky keys to 506(disable value).  Exit reg edit and it works, however on reboot it goes back to messing up.

Any ideas or suggestions?  I thought about moving all the data over to a new user account and removing the original, but once I noticed it was still doing the same thing on a new account(if chosen first from the sign in screen) then I decided to hold off on that idea.  

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users