Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Multiple BSOD

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Magdalena

Magdalena

• Members
  • 51 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:50 PM

Posted 22 March 2013 - 07:01 PM

Working on a computer that was just built yesterday. Brand new system from top to bottom. Installed Windows 7, drivers, browser, etc. Today it has been constantly Blue screening with multiple codes. First code was a 0x1A, then it was a 0xBE, then a 0x19, then a 0xF4, then a 0x50. I'm not completely aware at this time when each of these codes occurred except for the 0x50 which occurred during reformatting (which was performed after the other BSOD) and the 0x1A repeated for me during Window's updates.

Hardware -
Gigabyte GA-990FXA-UD3 mobo

Seagate Barracuda 1TB HDD
AMD FX -6300 3.5GHz Six-Core processor

G.Skill 8GB DDR3 (2 x 4GB)

700W PSU

To my understanding the very first BSOD that occurred was the original 0x1A which happened after the owner got it home and plugged in the Ethernet cable. Then from there he attempted to record the codes when the BSOD happened.

At this point all I've done is attempted repairing Windows 7, reinstalling drivers, and now it has been fully reformatted and is still having issues. Not sure where to go or how to check for the hardware itself having issues since nothing has completely failed.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 jhayz

jhayz

• BC Advisor
  • 6,922 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:50 AM

Posted 22 March 2013 - 11:26 PM

Please go to C:\Windows\Minidump folder. Do you see any dmp logs from the folder? If not, configure kernel memory dump debugging information under startup and recovery.

> Right-click My Computer and choose Properties.

> Go to Advanced System Settings - Advance Tab.

> Under Startup and Recovery, click Settings...

> Look for 'write debugging information' and use Kernel memory dump

> Checkmark overwrite any existing file

If there are latest created minidumps under C:\Windows\Minidump folder, please post the latest dmp logs (atleast 5) by :

* minidumps log sample 010613 - 16676 -01.dmp -> 01 is for month - 06 for day - 13 is for year.

> Highlight (holding ctrl key) and choosing the dmp logs by hitting enter or left mouse click.

> Right-click and choose send to desktop.

> When on desktop, highlight all dmp logs and right-click choose Properties and send to compressed zipped folder.

> Upload and share the url link by registering here https://www.box.com/

Download Speccy and then install the program.  To post and publish a snapshot of your PC.
. In the Menu bar, click File -> Publish Snapshot
. Click Yes > then Copy to Clipboard
. On your next reply, right-click on a empty space and click Paste on reply box then click Post.

Edited by jhayz, 22 March 2013 - 11:28 PM.

Tekken

#3 Magdalena

Magdalena
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 51 posts
  •  

Posted 23 March 2013 - 12:46 AM

Well there were no dmp logs in the C:\Windows\Minidump folder and the kernal memory dump debugging was already set up. Should I just wait for a BSOD again and check the folder right after the computer reboots?

Just after posting that it BSOD on me with a 0x4E code. Rebooted and checked 
C:\Windows\Minidump and still had no minidumps in folder. I made sure the 'write debugging information' is set for Kernel memory dump and the Checkmark is in the box for overwrite any existing file.

Edited by Magdalena, 23 March 2013 - 12:54 AM.

#4 jhayz

jhayz

• BC Advisor
  • 6,922 posts
  •  

Posted 24 March 2013 - 01:15 AM

Try using 'small memory dump' instead of the 'kernel memory dump' and see if there would be stored dmp logs in the Minidump folder. If not, Let's try this :

Download  BlueScreenView.exe file and run the program.
When scanning is done, go Edit>Select All.
Go File>Save Selected Items, and save the report as BSOD.txt.
Open BSOD.txt in Notepad, copy all content, and attach it to your next reply.

Post also the Speccy link/logs next time please. Make sure you're not using any Ccleaner software that clears your dmp files also.

Tekken

#5 Magdalena

Magdalena
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 51 posts
  •  

Posted 27 March 2013 - 09:45 AM

Well unfortunately I never got to get those logs. Before the last post we had troubleshoot some of the hardware and ended up finding it to be one of the new sticks of RAM were bad. When that RAM was not in the system it started, had windows reloaded, along with updates, drivers, etc. and ran with no errors whatsoever. I really appreciate the help I always receive from this site and though this forum was not extensive I hope it helps someone solve the same issue for them down the road. Thanks again jhayz!

#6 jhayz

jhayz

• BC Advisor
  • 6,922 posts
  •  

Posted 27 March 2013 - 11:00 PM

Thanks for posting back your solution. :)

Tekken

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users