Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

IT 101? Help Me Get Started..

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Phabeon

Phabeon

• Members
  • 130 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:48 AM

Posted 22 March 2013 - 06:37 PM

Dude, I want a career in IT.. and all the stuff mentioned below sounds like the stuff I want to learn about on a personal level and I guess in a round about way it sums up the type of stuff I want to do in IT... I was shooting for Desktop technician, is that what all this stuff is?

HOW DO I BEGIN, I want to do all this stuff down below.. Can anyone help get me started?

Virtual Box?
Windows 2k8 Server
IIS ???

What do you mean here? "personal intranet site running to host files accross your network. "

What is a "Cisco Network Appliance" ???
Network Mapping ?
Setting Up Vlans On The Ports ?
If it is a WIFI appliance setting that up for a dual private and public SSID network ?

i HUNGRILY AWAIT YOUR REPLIES!!

oNe

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 seedy21

seedy21

• Malware Response Team
  • 742 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:48 AM

Posted 23 March 2013 - 06:45 AM

Hi Phabeon

Don't know if this will help you with your Learning but here is the Link Anyways

Windows 2008 Server Step by Step Guide.

http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=17157

“It's only after we've lost everything that we're free to do anything.”
― Chuck Palahniuk, Fight Club

unite_blue.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users