Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Microsoft Word 2010 becoming unresponsive/frozen

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 andrewset

andrewset

• Members
  • 146 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:27 AM

Posted 22 March 2013 - 03:31 PM

Hello,

I'm using Windows 8 on a very new i5 desktop computer, and Microsoft Word 2010 too often freezes/becomes unresponsive, to the point where I must open Task Manager and close it down. It's happened enough times that I'm finally putting the effort in to look for answers. Is there a way to find out what's causes the crashes or steps I can take to help alleviate Word 2010 crashes in general?

Thanks!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 TechJay

TechJay

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:27 AM

Posted 26 March 2013 - 03:54 PM

Hello, you can try deleteing your normal.dotm file (or normal.dot if 03). This will set your Microsoft Word to the default template.

Right click in the lower left corner, and select run. Type in "%appdata%\Microsoft\Templates" Close out Microsoft Word, and delete the normal.dotm file. You can now open Word and see if this resolves the issue.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users