Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

GPhotos.scr is changing protected registry keys (Comodo alert)

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 RegistryRUFF

RegistryRUFF

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:35 AM

Posted 22 March 2013 - 03:05 PM

Hi BC gang

- Comodo firewall (latest version 5.12....) pops up alerts that GPhotos.scr is trying to change protected registry keys (MORE than 1) and it wants to connect to the net. Yes, i have Picasa installed and did have Google photos set as screen saver.

- COMODO FIREWALL MESSAGE: GPhotos.scr could not be recognized and it is about to modify the protected registry key HKUS\S-1-5-21-2310509393-91379083-3055418054-1000\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings\Connections. You must make sure GPhotos.scr is a safe application before allowing this request. etc etc etc (many keys)

- Gphotos.scr is located in C:\Windows\SysWOW64

- i am using WINdows 7 PRO 64 bit

- i am using NOD32 AntiVirus which scans clean

- i ran MalwareBytes Anti-malware which reports 0 infections

- i uploaded GPhotos.scr to VirusTotal which showed 1/46 by ByteHero as Trojan.Exception.gen.101

- am in infected ?

THANKS

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 zzz7

zzz7

• Members
  • 62 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:35 AM

Posted 22 March 2013 - 03:17 PM

That's a screensaver file that gets installed with any Picasa update............I just delete it. :) Typical Google.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users