Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

? Mac OS on Windows 7 partition ?

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Rekhillbill

Rekhillbill

• Members
  • 29 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:51 PM

Posted 22 March 2013 - 11:31 AM

Is it possible to create a partition on my Toshiba laptop, running Windows 7, and use it to run a Mac OS?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Animal

Animal

Bleepin' Animinion

• Site Admin
  • 35,316 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:51 PM

Posted 22 March 2013 - 12:26 PM

Not legally. The EULA for the Apple OS states that it can only be run and supported on Apple branded hardware.

The Internet is so big, so powerful and pointless that for some people it is a complete substitute for life.
Andrew Brown (1938-1994)

A learning experience is one of those things that say, "You know that thing you just did? Don't do that." Douglas Adams (1952-2001)

"Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination circles the world." Albert Einstein (1879-1955)

Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook | Twitter | Google+

#3 Rekhillbill

Rekhillbill
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 29 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:51 PM

Posted 22 March 2013 - 01:02 PM

OK.

Thanks,

But, that brings up the reverse question…is it legal to run a Windows 7 OS in a Mac OS virtual environment?

#4 Animal

Animal

Bleepin' Animinion

• Site Admin
  • 35,316 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:51 PM

Posted 22 March 2013 - 02:37 PM

I am not a lawyer and since you say 'virtual environment' I don't think there are any issues.

If someone with more knowledge reading this can confirm or deny please do.

The Internet is so big, so powerful and pointless that for some people it is a complete substitute for life.
Andrew Brown (1938-1994)

A learning experience is one of those things that say, "You know that thing you just did? Don't do that." Douglas Adams (1952-2001)

"Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination circles the world." Albert Einstein (1879-1955)

Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook | Twitter | Google+

#5 seedy21

seedy21

• Malware Response Team
  • 742 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:51 PM

Posted 22 March 2013 - 04:18 PM

Alot of schools have Apple machines with Windows Dual Booted, So as long as its a Retail Copy not a COA copy, you should be fine

“It's only after we've lost everything that we're free to do anything.”
― Chuck Palahniuk, Fight Club

unite_blue.png

#6 Judith1314

Judith1314

• Members
  • 100 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:51 AM

Posted 31 July 2013 - 10:10 PM

Windows 7 partition  runs Mac OS----Not available, but running Windows OS on Mac OS is available. Both partitions for operating system couldn't be the same partition.  Otherwise, it cannot boot.

Thanks!

Judith

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users