Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Duel Monitors support

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 wignall6

wignall6

• Members
  • 37 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:27 PM

Posted 22 March 2013 - 10:43 AM

Hello Guys,

I have a ASUS Radion HD 7750 Graphics card - http://www.asus.com/Graphics_Cards/HD77501GD5/

I have two Samsung SyncMaster P2450 Monitors.

Currently I have them both setup as dual monitor but one is using a DVI cable and the other is using a HDMI cable but I've noticed on the HDMI monitor it is a little blurred. I can cope with it but I noticed it isn't as clean as the HDMI one.

I was looking into other options and I found DVI splitters. I would like to know if this would work and I will have the same quality. http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/DMS59-DVI-2-Splitter-Cable-/271147820511?pt=UK_Computing_Sound_Vision_Video_Cables_Adapters&hash=item3f21ab65df

I do play games on one monitor and I do photo editing inside of photoshop.

I wanted to make sure that this is ok and it works before I buy the DVI splitter.

Edited by wignall6, 22 March 2013 - 11:03 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 rotor123

rotor123

• 8,093 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:27 PM

Posted 22 March 2013 - 11:36 AM

I highly doubt that will work. The video card would have to have a 59Pin connector for that to hook up to.

That is a entirely different connector than the normal DVI connector. I have seen that connector on older Video cards in Dells for example.

What I would do is look at the native resolution of the monitor hooked up via HDMI and set the HDMI output port on the card to that resolution. That will give the best results. Any non native resolution setting will give a somewhat less sharp appearance.

Good Luck

Roger

Fortune Cookie says: Fortune not Found: Abort, Retry, Ignore?

Sent from my All-In-One Desktop. Perfect for Internet, Not for heavy usage or gaming however.

How Does a computer get Infected? http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/2520/how-did-i-get-infected/
Forum Rules,    The BC Welcome Guide

167 @ June 2015

#3 smax013

smax013

• BC Advisor
  • 2,329 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:27 AM

Posted 24 March 2013 - 01:55 PM

A DVI splitter like what you listed would likely just mirror the one display (i.e. same thing on both screens).

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users