Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

WIndows 7 and IE 10

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Required Field

Required Field

• Members
  • 169 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:08 PM

Posted 22 March 2013 - 09:13 AM

Internet Explorer 10 is not only available now for Windows 7, it is being pushed through WIndows Update.  So far, not so good.  IE10 always comes up with "page cannot be displayed"....firefox and chrome run fine, and  there is no evidence of malware.  The only "fix" I've found is to uninstall the update (IE10).... IE9 comes back after restart and runs just fine.  Anyone else run into this?

"Most quotes attributed to famous people on the internet are fake." -Abraham Lincoln

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 sikntired

sikntired

• Members
  • 958 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:08 PM

Posted 22 March 2013 - 01:01 PM

Yup,

Keep getting update messages and downloaded IE10 and experienced several problems including messing up email and several programs. Uninstalled and reverted back to IE9. Looked for tutorials on problems associated with IE10 and could not find anything current.

#3 GoshenBleeping

GoshenBleeping

• Members
  • 254 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:08 PM

Posted 22 March 2013 - 03:40 PM

My general strategy when it comes to new versions of Microsoft products is to wait a LONG time before I install them. Every new Microsoft version that  have seen always has problems. Possibly the best bit is to stick with IE9 and wait until IE10 matures.

Yes, IE10 does show up in Microsoft update, but I dont' choose it to install.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users