Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Office 2003 Professional Edition

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Izzy

Izzy

• Members
  • 1,375 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:58 PM

Posted 05 April 2006 - 03:27 AM

How can i find out if the restoration disc (3 discs) have the office 2003 pro on it if something happenes to my laptop that i purchased from a relation who got the laptop new with it already on there. Could i optain the office 2003 pro cd from somewhere? It is an Acer Aspire 3000 Widescreen Sempron processor CD burner and DVD player.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 HitSquad

HitSquad

You're Bleepin' or you're Weepin'

• Members
  • 1,573 posts
  •  

Posted 05 April 2006 - 08:13 AM

How can i find out if the restoration disc (3 discs) have the office 2003 pro on it if something happenes to my laptop

Scan the disks for an "Office 11" folder , that's Office 2003. If you locate it, check the folders properties. Full reinstall version will be about 400mb worth.
It's not likely, though not impossible, that Office is on your OEM installation disks. Get a drive backup plan in place before the inevitable happens. :thumbsup:

Edited by HitSquad, 05 April 2006 - 08:25 AM.

#3 tg1911

tg1911

Lord Spam Magnet

• Members
  • 19,274 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:58 PM

Posted 05 April 2006 - 08:43 AM

If you do loose Office for any reason, there's always the Open Office option.
MOBO: GIGABYTE GA-MA790X-UD4P, CPU: Phenom II X4 955 Deneb BE, HS/F: CoolerMaster V8, RAM: 2 x 1G Kingston HyperX DDR2 800, VGA: ECS GeForce Black GTX 560, PSU: Antec TruePower Modular 750W, Soundcard: Asus Xonar D1, Case: CoolerMaster COSMOS 1000, Storage: Internal - 2 x Seagate 250GB SATA, 2 x WD 1TB SATA; External - Seagate 500GB USB, WD 640GB eSATA, 3 x WD 1TB eSATA

Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

#4 Izzy

Izzy
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 1,375 posts
  •  

Posted 06 April 2006 - 03:31 AM

i couldn'r scan the recovery disks because there only 1 icon on each disc not sure on how you extract it out to see what files are on there. i may just back up the entire hardrive asap to be safe. i had to pay extra for office $349 for the pro edition.

#5 Izzy

Izzy
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 1,375 posts
  •  

Posted 15 April 2006 - 04:44 PM

I located Office 2003 Professional Setup files on the laptop.
The laptop has a split drive C:/ and D:/ DVD/CD is F:/ so anyway on D:/ it says there is Setup files for office but they didn't show because they were hidden. So i changed the setting so they were in view copied it do a CD. Then changed the setting back to default. The file size was only 290MB but installed size is about 668MB don't know how they work that out but anyway i didn't know what the product key was so i did a google search and i found this program called ProduKey which finds they Product ID and Product key very handy tool if you lose your key you can find the program @ http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/product_cd_key_viewer.html. The progam installed successfully as i tried it on my other computer which doesn't have office on it. I must say Microsoft complain about people pirating software but it is so easy because i didn't come up to "Activate" i went into the menu to do this but it says "Already Activated" Anyway i don't have to worry about losing office now i have it on CD.

Edited by Izzy, 15 April 2006 - 04:47 PM.

#6 Animal

Animal

Bleepin' Animinion

• Site Admin
  • 35,905 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:58 PM

Posted 16 April 2006 - 01:04 AM

Izzy,

Thanks so much for posting that you were able to resolve your problem. Maybe this will be of some help to others someday.

Be (Persistence Pays Off) Safe

Da Bleepin AniMod, Animal

The Internet is so big, so powerful and pointless that for some people it is a complete substitute for life.
Andrew Brown (1938-1994)

A learning experience is one of those things that say, "You know that thing you just did? Don't do that." Douglas Adams (1952-2001)

"Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination circles the world." Albert Einstein (1879-1955)

Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook | Twitter | Google+

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users