Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

PC stuck at Win8 first screen after Win Update & Restart

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 GoldSurfer

GoldSurfer

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:42 AM

Posted 21 March 2013 - 11:04 AM

I am running Win8 64 on my PC without touch screen so using Start8 software to emulate Win 7 desktop. After installing Windows Updates and restarting, my PC went straight to the Win8 screen (mountains & tower) without going through the boot sequence. There it stays. The only key working on the keyboard is 'shut down' and there is no mouse cursor although the screen goes into standby and movement of the mouse wakes it back to the same Win8 screen. I have the original MS Win8 64 DVD and restart my PC with it in the drive but again, no effect. I can't get to the boot or safe mode. I'm stuck. I would really appreciate any help.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Agglomerate

Agglomerate

• Members
  • 60 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:42 AM

Posted 21 March 2013 - 01:00 PM

Can you boot to the CD? If so, it may be possible to attempt a Repair Install.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users