Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Can't install AMD graphics drivers

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 CHRHN

CHRHN

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:15 AM

Posted 21 March 2013 - 09:01 AM

Hello. I have an HP Pavilion dv7-6059eo with Windows 7 64-bit. My GPU is a Radeon HD 6770M. I've had this problem for 2 months without being able to fix it, so help would be greatly appreciated.

I had AMD graphics drivers installed which I downloaded from the official HP driver site, but my programs and games often crashed because of my display driver restarting. I googled the problem, and I found out that some other people had the problem as well, and that it could be because of outdated graphics drivers.

So I uninstalled the graphics drivers from HP and I downloaded some newer ones from the AMD website (I now know that this isn't the proper way to upgrade them), and it worked, my GPU wasn't crashing anymore, but after a while I wanted to switch back to the HP drivers, because of some functions missing.

So I uninstalled the drivers from AMD and I downloaded the HP drivers for my product again, however this time the installer does not seem to be able to install the drivers at all. Right now I am using the GPU that's built into the Intel CPU, and it's obviously not good enough for gaming.

When I try to install the drivers, the only things that the installer wants to install are these:

And when it's done, it says "Installation complete (warnings occured during installation). View Log for details." But when I click "View Log" it doesn't show any errors:

And when I go to my installed programs, the only new program that seems to have appeared is this:

I've tried removing ALL AMD drivers before installing them again, but it still doesn't work. It's like my computer doesn't even know that I have an AMD GPU, or maybe it thinks that the drivers are already installed. Thank you in advance.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 CHRHN

CHRHN
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  

Posted 21 March 2013 - 02:03 PM

Anyone?

#3 dpunisher

dpunisher

• BC Advisor
  • 2,234 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:15 PM

Posted 21 March 2013 - 02:17 PM

http://sites.amd.com/us/game/downloads/Pages/catalyst-uninstall-utility.aspx

I am a retired Ford tech. Next to Fords, any computer is a piece of cake. (The cake, its not a lie)

3770K @4.5, Corsair H100, GTX780, 16gig Samsung, Obsidian 700 (yes there is a 700)

#4 CHRHN

CHRHN
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  

Posted 21 March 2013 - 02:19 PM

http://sites.amd.com/us/game/downloads/Pages/catalyst-uninstall-utility.aspx

IT WORKED! THANK YOU SO MUCH! I've been trying every day for 2 months and somehow I missed this!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users