Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Combofix Uninstallation

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Helpneeded55

Helpneeded55

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:47 AM

Posted 21 March 2013 - 07:18 AM

Hello. Last week I was trying to fix a computer problem. I was asked to run combofix. I tried it and it did not run saying avast needed to be disabled. I tried to disable avast but it did not work so I was not able to run combofix. It was late so I decided to leave it for the next day. however something urgent came up and I had to leave town. I could not come back to it until now. unfortunately I cannot find the previous post nor remember the account name seeing as none of my browsers seem to keep history or username password info.

I was wondering if there is some sort of command line that I can type in "Run" to get combofix to uninstall.

Thank you for your time.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Dolby

Dolby

• Members
  • 86 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:47 AM

Posted 21 March 2013 - 08:41 AM

Publisher Description:

sUBs is the developer of ComboFix and other anti-malware utilities and scripts.  These tools are 100% free for non-commercial use and are created through a significant investment of sUBs time.  If you have found his tools helpful and would like to show your appreciation, please feel free to leave a tip via his paypal button below.

I've never installed combofix, so I don't know if it's in the installed programs list or not ("add remove programs" for XP - "programs & features" for VISTA etc.), but I would look there first, & if so, uninstall from there. If not, do a search for file names with "combo fix" in it, as well as the publisher "subs", & delete the folders. I always do a search anyway, after I uninstall from the programs list, after a reboot, for "empty" folders. Then I run CCleaner registry cleaner, (that's my personal choice), as it's a matter of debate, & there are 2 schools of thought on it. Make sure in your search settings under "advanced" that you have checked "system folders", "hidden files & folders", & "subfolders". 

#3 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 73,490 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:47 AM

Posted 21 March 2013 - 09:09 AM

Hello...

Uninstall ComboFix:

• turn off all active protection software
  • push the "windows key" + "R" (between the "Ctrl" button and "Alt" Button)
  • please copy and past the following into the box ComboFix /Uninstall and click OK.
  • Note the space between the X and the /Uninstall, it needs to be there.
  • CF-Uninstall.png

How do I get help? Who is helping me?For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear....Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users