Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Internet Activity

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 used_and_under_oath24

used_and_under_oath24

• Members
  • 28 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:02 PM

Posted 04 April 2006 - 10:11 PM

I have wireless internet, but lately I've been trying to access my internet and it won't work unless my computer is right next to the modem. I don't know how to fix this, because I noticed that my packets sent is now up to more than 100 more packets sent than received. I have tried to reset the modem and the router, which isn't doing anything. I don't know if a virus I had may be linked to this problem. Unfortunately, I don't know what virus it was because when I do a virus scan, Panda does not tell you what virus it detected and neutralized, just that it did. I noticed this virus after my mom used my computer to access Pogo.com I don't know if this site attracts viruses or not, but I noticed that after she used my computer, there was something on my desktop that was never there before (I don't remember what it was called), but ever since then my computer has been going slow and the internet has been messing up on me. Does anyone know what's wrong with my computer and/or what I can do to fix it, without bringing it somewhere and paying for someone else to fix it?
One other question I have is, does anyone know how to clean the inside of a laptop? I've been told before that every once in a while, you should unscrew the bottom of the computer and clean out the inside to keep it running properly. First of all, I don't even know if it's true. Secondly, if it is, I don't know how to do this without possibly wrecking my computer, which I will not risk.
If anyone can help me with any of my problems, it would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

Mod Edit: Helped to resize font size.

Edited by Scarlett, 04 April 2006 - 10:14 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 used_and_under_oath24

used_and_under_oath24
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 28 posts
  •  

Posted 04 April 2006 - 10:12 PM

[size=2]oops! sorry that's so big! I didn't realize the size until I posted it.

#3 Scarlett

Scarlett

Bleeping Diva

• Members
  • 7,479 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:02 PM

Posted 04 April 2006 - 10:15 PM

No worries used_and_under_oath24.
I fixed it. :thumbsup:
Posted Image

#4 acklan

acklan

Bleepin' cat's meow

• Members
  • 8,529 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:02 PM

Posted 04 April 2006 - 10:29 PM

Check the wire going to the modem. Check the the antenna on the router, if it has one, and make sure it is attached well.
"2007 & 2008 Windows Shell/User Award"

#5 used_and_under_oath24

used_and_under_oath24
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 28 posts
  •  

Posted 05 April 2006 - 08:56 PM

Everything is attached fine, because my brother's computer is hooked up to the same router. I just figured out my problem, my computer and his computer won't share the wireless signal when my computer is so far away from that router. I don't know why though, because I never had this problem. Any suggestions for fixing this?

#6 used_and_under_oath24

used_and_under_oath24
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 28 posts
  •  

Posted 05 April 2006 - 09:21 PM

Another thing, does anyone know what Centinel VxD is? Because whenever I shut down my computer the End Program thing for that comes up. I have no idea what it is.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users