Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Cant sync iphone to computer!!! HELP?!?!?

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Raven Nation

Raven Nation

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  

Posted 20 March 2013 - 03:15 PM

I just wasted 3 hrs trying to sync my iphone to my stupid computer!!! Is there any software i can download to update my Windows XP? I am trying to download the latest version of iTunes and it says i dont have the software to do it!!! Im somewhat computer illiterate so if anybody could give me some advice it would be greatly appreciated!!! Thanx!! Have a Blessed day!!!

Edit: Moved topic from XP to the more appropriate forum. ~ Animal

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 K6567

K6567

• Members
  • 50 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:25 PM

Posted 21 March 2013 - 08:52 AM

I don't know if this will be helpful or useful in your particular case. Mid last year I took a senior friend to buy a new laptop. When helping her set it up, she said she needed to "sync" to her iPhone, but refused to have iTunes installed, stating "iTunes had caused problems on her last computer and that she had been using something different but didn't know the name." I searched and came up with the program COPYTRANS MANAGER . I honestly don't know how well it works in comparison to iTunes, but it certainly does function. The only proof I can offer is she recently bought an iPad to go along with her iPhone, and iTunes is still not installed on her computer.   

#3 seedy21

seedy21

• Malware Response Team
  • 742 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:25 AM

Posted 23 March 2013 - 06:39 AM

To Download Windows Updates Please go Here

Windows Update

“It's only after we've lost everything that we're free to do anything.”
― Chuck Palahniuk, Fight Club

unite_blue.png

#4 Agglomerate

Agglomerate

• Members
  • 60 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:25 AM

Posted 23 March 2013 - 04:04 PM

What is the exact issue you are having? Could you explain in more detail?

#5 mixpix

mixpix

• Members
  • 200 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:25 PM

Posted 30 April 2013 - 10:31 AM

Raven Nation,
I went through this same issue, when I was on XP Pro. I have both iOS & Windows machine, a DELL laptop.

When I was looking to sync up all of the iOS devices, iPhone, iPad to the Dell, I found through research that XP, didn't support iCloud.
There was at least one site that said I could "tweak" XP to do the job, but XP is going to be an abandoned OS in short time.

I went to TigerDirect & purchased Windows 7 Pro, for $135. That was even with a sale price of Windows 8 selling for $35 at the time.

Anyway, I don't like headaches, so I stuck to 7. I don't mind short cuts, but if it means uncertain problems ahead, might as well look into the platform that supports your needs. The iCloud supports win7, not XP.

Anyway, I loaded Win7, without reformatting the disk, or any of the time consuming extra steps that I would have thought I needed. I followed the pathway of going to the Microsoft website, running the compatibility program, to see if my machine met the criteria & the programs were compatible. Then there is another page on the website that explains how to load it on.

It was simple & I made such an issue of nothing. I would recommend that you build up the memory & maybe your storage? My memory now is 4 GB & the storage is 240 GB. If you have that much now, then you are fine. It is that the laptop I put 7 on, is 6 years old. I can still find batteries & keyboards, so I will hang on to it.

Also, I want to keep from windows 8, as much as I did Vista.

Windows 10 Pro 64 bit version 1709
Processor: Intel® Core™2 Duo i5-4210U CPU  T5750 @ 1.70gHz 2.40 GHz
Ram: 8.00 GB
system type: 64bit x-64-based processor
http://speccy.piriform.com/results/VNZNmcrsHQpEHgN51iurDWj

#6 elishacuthbert

elishacuthbert

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:55 AM

Posted 30 April 2013 - 08:15 PM

Here is the download link for iTunes 11.0.2

Web Download Links for iTunes 11.0.2

64 bit OS
http://appldnld.apple.com/iTunes11/041-9796.20130220.XMmn7/iTunes64Setup.exe

You may use DiskAid or iFunbox or can manually transfer songs, photos, videos, applications etc.

You may download DIskAid from http://www.digidna.net/diskaid

and

iFunbox from http://www.i-funbox.com/

You don't have to have itunes Installed, but it helps a lot to have iTunes Installed.

Edited by elishacuthbert, 30 April 2013 - 10:29 PM.

#7 Felipe2237

Felipe2237

• Members
  • 353 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:25 PM

Posted 11 May 2013 - 12:58 AM

First uninstall itunes then download the 32-bit OS version from elishacuthbert's links  If you don't know what 32 bit means, it's ok since it doesn't matter. Also, your iPhone shouldn't be taking 3 hours to sync. Have you updated it recently?

Unofficial iOS Genius

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users