Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Tagasauras, Netmonitor And Qoolaid Had Infected My Pc

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
2 replies to this topic

#1 icarus_falling

icarus_falling

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:22 PM

Posted 04 April 2006 - 09:52 PM

I started reading through the posting instructions and realized there is a lot of programs I need to download on my PC before anyone can analyze my system, but there in lies the problem. I am currently posting this from my uninfected laptop. Ever since the moment I realized what was on my PC, it has been unplugged from the internet, and still the programs try to connect every 15 minutes or so, only to have a window pop up informing me I'm d/c'd. I got hit with it on Sunday night, my screen started filling up with popup windows of death until my system locked up and I couldn't do anything but restart. Once windows came back up, I noticed an icon named Tagasauras and knew my computer was *Bleeped*, and then the windows started popping up all on their own. Its been unplugged since.

It has disabled Norton auto protect, and evades destruction from that program and spybot cant fix it either. I'm not sure if its one program or they're all linked. All I know is every time I get on the net, I get barraged with pop up windows of death, and I know its inviting friends in.

If you still suggest downloading the programs mentioned in the opening post, Ill grab them unless someone out there can suggest another way. I have updated Norton, Spybot and the Windows Firewall (and up until I found your site and started reading, I thought I was safe. Guess not). These are the files that come up on Norton after a full scan that cannot be deleted:

asappsrv.dll - spyware
command.exe - spyware
dmonwv.dll - adware
eee2.exe - adware
netmon.exe - spyware
sys014132951461.exe - adware

Also, spybot removed a number of spyware programs but was unable to remove what it labeled: Command services

It is located:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\Control Set002\Services\cmdservice

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\Control Set001\Services\cmdservice

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\Current Control Set\Services\cmdservice

Of course in desperation I tried unsuccessfully to remove these programs from the registry manually, only to hear the heckling laughter of some pencil necked evil brain in my head.

Anyways, this is my problem, don't know if any of this helps, but if someone could help me un*Bleep* my computer, I'd be thankful as hell.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 miekiemoes

miekiemoes

Malware Killer Dog

• Malware Response Team
  • 19,420 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:22 AM

Posted 11 April 2006 - 08:41 AM

Hello,

Click here to download HJTsetup.exe
  • Save HJTsetup.exe to your desktop.
  • Double click on the HJTsetup.exe icon on your desktop.
  • By default it will install to C:\Program Files\Hijack This.
  • Continue to click Next in the setup dialogue boxes until you get to the Select Addition Tasks dialogue.
  • Put a check by Create a desktop icon then click Next again.
  • Continue to follow the rest of the prompts from there.
  • At the final dialogue box click Finish and it will launch Hijack This.
  • Click on the Do a system scan and save a log file button. It will scan and then ask you to save the log.
  • Click Save to save the log file and then the log will open in notepad.
  • Click on "Edit > Select All" then click on "Edit > Copy" to copy the entire contents of the log.
  • Come back here to this thread and Paste the log in your next reply.
  • DO NOT have Hijack This fix anything yet. Most of what it finds will be harmless or even required.

AntispywareScanners---Antivirus Scanners---Firewalls---Online Scanners---Prevention---Help! My computer is slow---My Blog---Follow me on Twitter.
My help is ALWAYS FREE, but if you want to donate to help me continue my fight against malware -- click here!
Asking for help via Private Message or Mail will be ignored - So If you need help, post your problem in the forum.

#3 miekiemoes

miekiemoes

Malware Killer Dog

• Malware Response Team
  • 19,420 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:22 AM

Posted 18 April 2006 - 11:47 AM

Since there is no feedback anymore, I assume this issue is resolved ... so, this Topic is closed.

If you need this topic reopened, please request this by sending the moderating team
a PM with the address of the thread. This applies only to the original topic starter.

Everyone else please begin a New Topic.
AntispywareScanners---Antivirus Scanners---Firewalls---Online Scanners---Prevention---Help! My computer is slow---My Blog---Follow me on Twitter.
My help is ALWAYS FREE, but if you want to donate to help me continue my fight against malware -- click here!
Asking for help via Private Message or Mail will be ignored - So If you need help, post your problem in the forum.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users