Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

The new Simcity vs. my computer.

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 noeyjerd

noeyjerd

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:04 PM

Posted 20 March 2013 - 10:04 AM

There are a ton of threads about this issue over at the official EA forums. EA or Maxis hasn't acknowledged this problem yet. When you call EA they blame your computer but how can it be all our computers? How can this be the only game that messes up our computer like this? There are a few people telling others that it is their faulty hardware OR it is an overheating issue. All our cards overheating? All of us have faulty hardware that just so happened to mess up while playing Simcity? I doubt it. I don't know what it is but it couldn't be that I don't think. 

Here is my issue. I will try and load a city. Before it is loaded all the way my screen goes black and my monitor says "no signal" The lights and fans on my computer are still on but nothing happens. I have to manually turn off my computer. If I try to turn it back on, it doesn't turn on. I have to wait a minute before I can turn it back on. My city sometimes load and when it does I am able to play as much as I want in the city (which shows me my graphic card is stable enough to run it) but when I go to regional view it happens. Every time. Without fail.

These are signs of hardware problems but if so, how can this be the only game? Is that even possible? I ran The Witcher 2 on uber settings and ran around trying to crash my system. It didn't happen. I played Battlefield 3 on ultra running and shooting trying to crash my system. it didn't happen. I ran Furmark. My card was fine running that as well. I have both the CCC and coretemp up while playing. My CPU is a i7 920 OC to 3.8 and it is in the 50-60 temp range. My GPU is a Radeon HD 6950 and is in the 60-70 temp range with the fan at 80% Those are not overheating temps what so ever. Even the AMD customer support said the temps are fine! If it was a hardware problem we are all experiencing wouldn't the same problems show in other, more graphical games? This is the only game so how can it be hardware? I ran Furmark and Prime95 for 4 hours at the same time. No overheating. No crashing. I ran memtest while I was asleep no errors. I run harddrive scans. No problems. I run sfc /scannow. No problems. I don't have the hardware to test my PSU but it runs stress tests and other games for hours with no problems. 

I have tried a lot of video card drivers. 13.3, 13.2, 13.2, 11.6, 12.8. All do the same thing.

What could be causing this problem? All the tests I do come back fine.

Here is my video of what is happening. 

Here are a few more videos from people on these forums seeing the same exact problem.

To show how many people are having this issue; (how can it be anyones hardware?)

Those are just the threads on the official forums and there are new posts being made every day about the same EXACT problem! I didn't paste in the threads I am a part of on other forums with people having the same issue! How can this be our computers if it is happening to a lot of us?

Tell me how it could be hardware and I can accept it. Other games working and stress tests and memtests show me it is not hardware... Can a game do this?

Edited by noeyjerd, 20 March 2013 - 10:09 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 noeyjerd

noeyjerd
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:04 PM

Posted 20 March 2013 - 12:28 PM

Could it still be a part of my hardware even if tests run fine?

#3 Dacar92

Dacar92

• Members
  • 232 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:04 PM

Posted 23 March 2013 - 07:05 PM

Have the acknowledged any issues with ATI cards?  Do people with  this issue at their official forums also have ATI cards?  I am sure it is the game and many games have had issues with one card manufacturer or another at release.  Plus SimCity has been chock full of issues at release.  Keep trying...wait for a patch or two, read the threads or make your own asking what you can do.  Be sure to say everything you say here so they know that everything else works.  Someone will come around with a fix, a tweak or two to Windows or Perhaps ATI will release a hotfix driver patch if it is them. I don't think we are going to be able to help you here because it sounds you have been exhaustive in your testing. 

What's the point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes? -- The Doctor

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users