Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Boot Up Beeps And Crashes !

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 BigProblems

BigProblems

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:10 PM

Posted 04 April 2006 - 09:18 PM

okay this is on behalf of my sisters computer for the most part i can troubleshoot problems but this one has me stumped, for no reason what-so-ever (no idea what really happened) the computer started crashing and beeping at windows start screen its actually more of a constant squeal, power button is unresponsive, and same with the reset button, asside from reset pauses the squealing, this is on win xp ,, also tried formating and installing 98 same problem except one thing safe mode boots up no problem ,,, tried formating and installing 95, same thing, went back to xp same thing , at all times green troubleshoot leds on motherboard across the board (supposed to be a good thing) :thumbsup: can anyone help me with this ,,, anything that would help would be appreciated

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Herk

Herk

• Members
  • 1,609 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:10 PM

Posted 05 April 2006 - 12:31 AM

Could it be a problem with your sound card? A bad sound card can prevent a computer from booting, and so far as I know, there is no combination of BIOS beeps that could cause this. Is the sound coming from your speakers or from the little PC speaker inside the case? If it's the soundcard sound, and that's on the motherboard, perhaps you can enter the BIOS and disable it. (I've seen BIOS's that allow this.) I suppose it could even be a modem card since they usually have a little piezoelectric speaker on them. At any rate, it would help to know where the sound is coming from.

#3 usasma

usasma

Still visually handicapped (avatar is memory developed by my Dad

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 25,091 posts
  •  

Posted 05 April 2006 - 11:51 AM

Check your motherboard - many different things can cause this. Here's one of them: http://badcaps.com/ident/
My browser caused a flood of traffic, sio my IP address was banned. Hope to fix it soon. Will get back to posting as soon as Im able.

- John  (my website: http://www.carrona.org/ )**If you need a more detailed explanation, please ask for it. I have the Knack. **  If I haven't replied in 48 hours, please send me a message. My eye problems have recently increased and I'm having difficult reading posts. (23 Nov 2017)FYI - I am completely blind in the right eye and ~30% blind in the left eye.<p>If the eye problems get worse suddenly, I may not be able to respond.If that's the case and help is needed, please PM a staff member for assistance.

#4 BigProblems

BigProblems
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  

Posted 06 April 2006 - 07:51 PM

yeah its all good ,,, and why would the motherboard troubleshoot lights read all normal??

#5 gunner

gunner

• Members
  • 337 posts
  •  

Posted 06 April 2006 - 08:25 PM

Take a look at the power supply. The last time that I had that problem it was a bad surge supressor.

Edited by gunner, 06 April 2006 - 08:28 PM.

Spike's advice: Backup your data routinely.

#6 Dreadylocks

Dreadylocks

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  

Posted 08 April 2006 - 04:36 PM

I'm having a similar problem, my notebook will power on (I don't get any beeps) and then all lights but the power light will go off and the fan turns off and the comp sits.

How do I even identify the problem here if the computer won't do anything? Any ideas?

Thanks. Peace.

#7 Albert Frankenstein

Albert Frankenstein

• Members
  • 2,707 posts
  •  

Posted 09 April 2006 - 08:22 AM

Hi Dreadylocks! Welcome to Bleeping Computer! :thumbsup:

I would recommend you start a new thread to deal with your issue. Thanks!
ALBERT FRANKENSTEIN
I'M SO SMART IT'S SCARY!

Currently home chillin' with the fam and my two dogs!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users