Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Can't install Catalyst Control Center

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 CHRHN

CHRHN

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:08 AM

Posted 20 March 2013 - 09:00 AM

Hello. I have an HP Pavilion dv7-6059eo with Windows 7 64-bit. My GPU is a Radeon HD 6770M. I've had this problem for 2 months without being able to fix it, so help would be greatly appreciated.

I have had the AMD graphics drivers installed which I downloaded from the official HP driver site, but my programs and games often crashed because of my display driver restarting. I googled the problem, and I found out that some other people have had the problem as well, and that it could be because of outdated graphics drivers.

So I uninstalled the graphics drivers from HP and I downloaded the newer ones from the AMD website (I now know that this isn't the proper way to upgrade them) and it worked, but after a while I wanted to switch back to the HP drivers, because of some functions missing.

So I uninstalled the drivers from AMD and I downloaded the HP drivers for my product again, however this time the installer does not seem to be able to install the drivers at all. Right now I am using the intel GPU.

When I try to install the drivers, the only things that the installer wants to install are these:

ebeb7fb844f04b65aed6907.png

And when it's done, it says "Installation complete (warnings occured during installation). View Log for details." But when I click "View Log" it doesn't show any errors:

2a40459816524eb6aa76fdf.png

And when I go to my install programs, the only new program that seems to have appeared is this:

hj0pz1P.png

I've tried removing ALL AMD drivers before installing but it still doesn't work. Thank you in advance.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 CHRHN

CHRHN
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  

Posted 20 March 2013 - 01:43 PM

Anyone?

#3 hamluis

hamluis

• 56,408 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:08 AM

Posted 20 March 2013 - 02:13 PM

Uninstall the AMD drivers/software which you installed over the HP drivers...install the downloaded HP drivers.

I've never found any use at all for CCC...ATI made is mandatory for driver installs some time ago, but I understand that the drivers can be installed minus CCC now.  That said, I have an AMD 760 chipset and I have both the CCC and the Catalyst Install Manager reflected on this system...but I reflect them as "ATI" not AMD.

You have an HP system...I suggest you get your drivers from the HP website.  The latest drivers are not always the way to go.

Louis

#4 CHRHN

CHRHN
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  

Posted 20 March 2013 - 02:16 PM

Uninstall the AMD drivers/software which you installed over the HP drivers...install the downloaded HP drivers.

I've never found any use at all for CCC...ATI made is mandatory for driver installs some time ago, but I understand that the drivers can be installed minus CCC now.  That said, I have an AMD 760 chipset and I have both the CCC and the Catalyst Install Manager reflected on this system...but I reflect them as "ATI" not AMD.

You have an HP system...I suggest you get your drivers from the HP website.  The latest drivers are not always the way to go.

Louis

I've tried uninstalling ALL of my AMD drivers and software, and then downloading the HP drivers, but they won't install. I don't know what to do.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users