Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Wireless network connection randomly dropping.

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 J_mommy

J_mommy

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:50 AM

Posted 19 March 2013 - 07:47 PM

I have an HP G72-227WM which just started to drop the wireless connection for just about 30 seconds and then reconnects just fine. However this happens every 5 minutes or so. We have a Linksys WRT54G router. We have other devices, including Wiis and other laptops, connected wirelessly that have no problems with the network. The network isn't protected, something else I'm working on, but that's a different story. Anyways, rebooting doesn't work, tried disabling the wireless cards, and set it to not turn off device. All to no resolution. Any suggestions?

P.S. Bonus if you can also help me to password protect my network. Have gotten all the way to the router's settings (via the computer with issue) but not able to successfully put a password.   Please Help!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 jhayz

jhayz

• BC Advisor
  • 6,922 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:50 PM

Posted 20 March 2013 - 06:44 PM

Hi J_Mommy

It seems that you're having a security encryption problem settings (?) that is also being mentioned from certain users in this thread.

Tekken

#3 pantherapardus4

pantherapardus4

• Members
  • 141 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:50 AM

Posted 03 April 2013 - 03:42 AM

J_mommy, have you resolved this?  My laptop has started dropping its internet connection every 5 minutes, too.  No other computers are affected, and this one was doing fine for many many months.  I've scanned it w/MBAM, avast! and Spyware Terminator.

Until we extend our circle of compassion to all living things, humanity will not find peace. ~Albert Schweitzer, The Philosophy of Civilization

Windows 10, Firefox, avast! Free Antivirus, Windows Defender, Spyware Blaster, SpywareGuard, Malwarebytes Anti-Malware, Malwarebytes Anti-Exploit

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users