Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

System Protection

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 bwrighttwo

bwrighttwo

• Members
  • 717 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:39 AM

Posted 19 March 2013 - 07:05 PM

Why can I not save restore  points when I have it set to restore previous versions of files only?  It shows system protection turned off when set this way. Only way it will show turned on is if I have setting and files turned on.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 noknojon

noknojon

• Banned
  • 10,871 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:39 PM

Posted 19 March 2013 - 07:53 PM

Hi -

System Restore is just that - System Restore -

I have not been able to set mine to restore only one file / folder to an earlier time, unless I have a backup made.

However I may have missed a setting that I could not find, but I can only set mine to System Restore -

More general information ..............

What files are changed during a system restore ?

System Restore affects Windows system files, programs, and registry settings. It can also make changes to scripts, batch files, and other types of executable files created under any user account on your computer. System Restore does not affect personal files, such as e-mail, documents, or photos, so it cannot help you restore a deleted file.
NOTE :: If you have backups of your files, you can restore the files from a backup.

Always create a backup of your system prior to doing any System Restore

Open System Restore and follow the links in that area as to what you will restore and what you can do there.
There is a lot of helpfull information listed there -

Thank You -

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users