Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Error loading operating system

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 -TAY-

-TAY-

• Members
  • 19 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:16 AM

Posted 19 March 2013 - 04:52 PM

OOOOOOOOK, this has been my own personal Headache for a couple days now and i'm really running out of options. I'm trying as hard as i can not to resort to reloading a system, so i come here for possible assistance.

Start from the begining, get a Gateway GT5622 that was apparently viral with a corrupt operating system. Unfortunately those weren't the only issues with this system, the hard drive has actually failed in front of my eyes. Now, i have attempted a windows in-place upgrade repair, XP PRO SP3 install disc. it had no problems in the start of it. rebooted after files were copied to continue setup, got a kdcom.dll is missing or corrupt, so i copy from another XP Pro machine the kdcom.dll to a flash drive, now when trying to boot to a mini xp, via hirens, it continuously locks up on me. so i pull the drive and attempt to move the file externally, this is when i realize the original drive is bad. so i image over what i have on old drive to new drive, i was surprised to see it actually work considering how much ticking and clicking original drive was doing. So i attempt to boot with newly imaged drive and get a blinky cursor on a black screen. so i boot to recovery console /fixboot /fixmbr, ran a plethora of chkdsks until they came back with no errors detected, and have even attempted the inplace upgrade repair again... and of course none of these have remedied the situation. anyone have any suggestions, ideas, SOLUTIONS?!?!  please post back. i check my forums quite frequently when using this site and have yet to be let down. 

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 56,442 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:16 AM

Posted 19 March 2013 - 05:21 PM

The only logical answer/solution for a system with such problems...is a clean install, IMO.  The system dates from 2007, so it's probably still capable of adequate performance, assuming there is no evidence of a motherboard problem.

If the owner user created recovery disks...as specified in the manual for this system...then I would employ those.

Louis

#3 -TAY-

-TAY-
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 19 posts
  •  

Posted 19 March 2013 - 05:39 PM

i do thank you for the reply, however a clean install isn't going to be my best option, they have quicken files and other software loaded, trying to avoid the tiresome backup process. i just tried a bootcfg /rebuild. waiting on it to finish up before pursuing other options

#4 -TAY-

-TAY-
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 19 posts
  •  

Posted 19 March 2013 - 05:40 PM

and edititur, the point of posting broken links? 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users