Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Windows telling me i have 7 day to activate?

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 wexel14

wexel14

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:49 PM

Posted 15 November 2004 - 10:49 PM

WindowsXP pro is telling me i have 7 days to activate. do i want to activate now. i say yes then it say windows is already activated. how do i fix this problem. its going to lock me out. and if it does lock me out what can i do to get back in?

Help please.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Grinler

Grinler

Lawrence Abrams

• Admin
  • 43,541 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:49 PM

Posted 16 November 2004 - 12:52 AM

Is this a legitimate copy of windows xp?

#3 wexel14

wexel14
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  

Posted 16 November 2004 - 07:39 AM

ya

#4 cowsgonemadd3

cowsgonemadd3

Feed me some spyware!

• Banned
  • 4,557 posts
  •  

Posted 16 November 2004 - 10:23 AM

Do you have the serial number? Maybe on the cd case or on the pc itself?

#5 Grinler

Grinler

Lawrence Abrams

• Admin
  • 43,541 posts
  •  

Posted 16 November 2004 - 11:24 AM

If its a legitimate copy then call Microsoft and they will walk you through getting a new code

#6 wexel14

wexel14
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  

Posted 16 November 2004 - 04:53 PM

I have reinintalled windows a couple of times. Its a legit copy. When i try to put in the KEY. It tells me its already active. But the count down continues. Its really weird.

#7 G3ccO

G3ccO

• Members
  • 13 posts
  •  

Posted 16 November 2004 - 05:33 PM

I have reinintalled windows a couple of times. Its a legit copy. When i try to put in the KEY. It tells me its already active. But the count down continues. Its really weird.

If this happens everytime you re-install Windows contact your hardware vendor and ask them to send you a new disk if it is OEM. Most companies shoudl do it if you explain the problem and it can't be fixed.
"How the mind works is still a mystery. We understand the hardware, but we don't have a clue about the operating system." --James Watson

If you would like a Gmail Account let me know. I have several invites left and have no use for them!

Mostly Classical Winamp Distrowatch Linux Iso Google

#8 wexel14

wexel14
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  

Posted 16 November 2004 - 06:03 PM

Do you think it has to do with the hardware. i think it may be a software bug.. with windows.. im trying a different windows xp pr disk this weekend.. but if you guys here if this problem before please let me know. Cause this sucks!

#9 G3ccO

G3ccO

• Members
  • 13 posts
  •  

Posted 16 November 2004 - 06:08 PM

Do you think it has to do with the hardware. i think it may be a software bug.. with windows.. im trying a different windows xp pr disk this weekend.. but if you guys here if this problem before please let me know. Cause this sucks!

It wouldn't have anything to do with the hardware. You should contact Microsoft or the company you purchased your hardware from if you didn't build it yourself.
"How the mind works is still a mystery. We understand the hardware, but we don't have a clue about the operating system." --James Watson

If you would like a Gmail Account let me know. I have several invites left and have no use for them!

Mostly Classical Winamp Distrowatch Linux Iso Google

#10 JSKY

JSKY

• Members
  • 36 posts
  •  

Posted 16 November 2004 - 09:09 PM

Go to your Start menu,to "Run". and type or copy and past this in.

oobe/msoobe /a

It will open a window telling you if your copy is activated. If it's not, then call MS.

#11 wexel14

wexel14
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  

Posted 16 November 2004 - 10:52 PM

it says it is activated

#12 JackTheHaack

JackTheHaack

• Members
  • 307 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:49 AM

Posted 17 November 2004 - 05:57 AM

If it is a legit then you need to reset your activation key.

I have a program that does this , but I'm not sure how to attach zip files on here or even if I can.....

PM me and I'll email it to you.

JTH
JTH

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users