Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

System Hanging

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 midou1994

midou1994

• Members
  • 251 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:10 PM

Posted 19 March 2013 - 02:18 PM

Hi,

I found ntuser.dar file in the programdata folder.....

My system sometimes become unresponsive while opening Facbeook and when 3-D verification page arrives while i need to make online payment Just need to check if system is fine if nay crucial file is damaged I installed and uninstalled openVpn and a few other Vpn just wish to know if I`m safe

Midou

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 noknojon

noknojon

• Banned
  • 10,871 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:40 PM

Posted 19 March 2013 - 06:25 PM

Hi -

A quick check -

Do you mean ntuser.dar or NTUSER.DAT as they are not the same thing, and you may have misread the last letter -

Function -
The NTUSER.DAT file is a registry file. Each user's NTUSER.DAT file contains the registry settings for their individual account. The Windows registry, as described by Microsoft, is a "central hierarchical database" that contains information about the software, hardware and user profiles contained on a computer. Windows is constantly referencing its registry files throughout the course of its operation. The configuration of the "HKEY_CURRENT_USER" branch of the registry is supported by the current user's NTUSER.DAT file.
Location -
The NTUSER.DAT file is in your user folder. In Windows 7 and Windows Vista, user folders are at C:\Users\USER_NAME.

Please tell me if I am wrong, as ntuser.dar is not normal -

Thank You -

#3 midou1994

midou1994
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 251 posts
  •  

Posted 20 March 2013 - 10:31 AM

Hi its ntuser.dat  here  C:\ProgramData

Its back again....

Midou

#4 tl8767

tl8767

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:40 AM

Posted 20 March 2013 - 01:09 PM

Hey Midou1994, 

I'm fairly knew to this forum but I would like to add to the information mentioned above. What version of Windows are you running presently? If you are running Windows 7, the file that you just mentioned should be located in your User Folder and not the folder that you just mentioned. Also, why did you re-install your VPN Software? The best bet for you to check if your machine is infected is by installing an anti-virus program and running a boot time scan. Are you currently using an Anti-virus?

#5 midou1994

midou1994
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 251 posts
  •  

Posted 20 March 2013 - 01:26 PM

Hi the ntuser.dat is present in the User folder but that one is upper case as mentioned above.....

As for VPN I meant that I was trying out a few free vpn apps that could have caused something to sneak in........................

AV well I had Norton the Trial Got over Now I have got Eset`s Trial running so far nothing has been deteceted but I remember well that I shift+ Del the ntuser.dat file 

in the location and now it has come back

I have Windows 7 Professional 64 Bit

Midou

#6 midou1994

midou1994
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 251 posts
  •  

Posted 22 March 2013 - 02:26 PM

Bump waited 3 days

Midou

#7 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 73,490 posts
  •  

Posted 24 March 2013 - 04:51 PM

Hello, probably best to get a deeper look in the Malware Removal forum.

Please follow this Preparation Guide and post in a new topic.
Let me know if all went well.

How do I get help? Who is helping me?For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear....Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

#8 midou1994

midou1994
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 251 posts
  •  

Posted 27 March 2013 - 01:25 AM

Hi boopme 

Had everything checked except for a few registry Entries nothing serious has been found

Malware is just not the cause for my System freezing

Edited by midou1994, 27 March 2013 - 01:26 AM.

Midou

#9 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 73,490 posts
  •  

Posted 27 March 2013 - 10:49 AM

Than better to start a new topic in the Win 7 forum and see what they can do.

As your DDS log topic is clean.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/489725/system-freezes-frequently/#entry3011691

Edited by boopme, 27 March 2013 - 10:51 AM.

How do I get help? Who is helping me?For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear....Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

#10 midou1994

midou1994
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 251 posts
  •  

Posted 27 March 2013 - 11:45 AM

:thumbup2:

Midou

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users