Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Fancy Mice

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Klinkaroo

Klinkaroo

• Members
  • 1,139 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:09 AM

Posted 04 April 2006 - 07:07 PM

I am thinking of getting a mouse like the G5 from Logitech but I have heard rumors that mice that fit your hand like that can actually strain out the muscles in your hand and are actually more unconfortable after long periods of gaming (6-8 hours isn't long :thumbsup:).

Have you heard anything like this or have first hand experience?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 jgweed

jgweed

• Staff Emeritus
  • 28,473 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:09 PM

Posted 04 April 2006 - 07:22 PM

Just my own experience, Klinkaroo, but a mouse that conforms to my hand seems easier on my hand muscles, especially when used for long periods at a time. It certainly seems a lot faster, too.
Regards,
John
Whereof one cannot speak, thereof one should be silent.

#3 Enthusiast

Enthusiast

• Members
  • 5,898 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:09 PM

Posted 04 April 2006 - 08:50 PM

I think problems arise from not using support for your hand, wrist and arm and doing repetative motions, not so much the shape of the mouse or keyboard.

Try to find a mouse that fits comfortably in your hand and doesn't require unnatural motions or positions - uncomfortable movements of your fingers and wrist, etc, and then support your wrist.

#4 Klinkaroo

Klinkaroo
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 1,139 posts
  •  

Posted 05 April 2006 - 03:39 PM

Ok Thanks for the Advise I think I am going to go to Staples tommorow and go and try some mice on for size (payback for my girlfriend exept when it's bikini shopping :thumbsup:)

#5 Heretic Monkey

Heretic Monkey

• Members
  • 1,122 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:09 PM

Posted 05 April 2006 - 04:23 PM

I have a Microsoft Wireless Laser Mouse 6000 (very ergonomic). It's a lot more comfortable than the default mouse that came with my box, and doesn't bother me at all in 3 hour Counter-Strike sprees....

#6 Klinkaroo

Klinkaroo
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 1,139 posts
  •  

Posted 10 April 2006 - 05:03 PM

Just thought I would announce that it's my birthday today so I grabbed all my money and ran over to the Office Supply store and bough me the MX610 Laser Cordless Mouse.

Normally 89.95 got it for 29.95 :thumbsup:

Anyways I got a little prob with the instant messaging light that won't light up when people send me an instant message with MSN messenger.

Edited by Klinkaroo, 10 April 2006 - 05:42 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users