Jump to content


 


Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.


Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Web Browsing some sites work, some don't (not a SSL problem)


  • Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 speedvision1

speedvision1

  • Members
  • 5 posts
  • OFFLINE
  •  
  • Local time:11:31 PM

Posted 19 March 2013 - 12:48 PM

Hi everyone.

 

I am really trying to find my way around here and hope I didn't post this in the wrong forum. This problem could be related to my DSL box. The Internet settings in general possibly. I tried to search for a fix but wasn't able to find a fix on the search menu.

 

I will try and be detailed.

 

I started having problem about a year ago. Some sites work, some don't. I use IE7, Mozilla, And Chrome. Tried Opera. I am using Windows 7. I can connect to www.google.com, not www.yahoo.com. Alot of times I can search online, and many links won't work. www.fedex.com dosent work. My secretary is using a laptop with Windows 7. It connects fine to everything. She is wired into the wireless router, and so am I. 

I can take the computer to my home which is the same ISP (CenturyLink) and the sites work. I also can update windows then, as it will not update some of the programs (adobe, Java etc) when I am at the office.

 

I have posted on several forums related to this problem. I tried to contact the provider. They say that because the secretary's computer works then its not their problem. 

 

I just can't believe this problem can be so difficult to fix. I have dealt with quoting customers from my mobile phone connected to the wireless router because the computer was unable to access the sites needed to for the quote.

 

I am running Malwarebytes. I have tried several antivirus programs. I am also using SuperAntiSpyware. 

 

ALSO, THIS MIGHT BE VERY IMPORTANT. I tried to use google dns information. I have messed around with that and didn't have any changes. I DOWNLOADED and used TOR and have no problems connecting to sites with TOR (anonymous browser). It takes forever but they work.

 

I hope someone reads this and by chance feels like helping someone out. I almost want to throw the computer in my yard and run it over with my lawn mower. 

 

Thank in advance for anything that can be offered. If you need me to post anything I will gladly do so.

 

Warm regards,

 

M



BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

 


#2 Special Techie

Special Techie

  • Members
  • 28 posts
  • OFFLINE
  •  
  • Local time:11:31 PM

Posted 22 March 2013 - 08:28 AM

This is Microsft Fix It tool. 

 

http://download.microsoft.com/download/9/8/E/98E41ACF-6AE6-40A4-AAB0-73C21998B7B6/MicrosoftFixit50267.msi

 

or else you can select and try by following the link - http://support.microsoft.com/fixit/



#3 speedvision1

speedvision1
  • Topic Starter

  • Members
  • 5 posts
  • OFFLINE
  •  
  • Local time:11:31 PM

Posted 22 March 2013 - 03:23 PM

Ok I will try this. I will let you know if this works. Thanks very much for the reply, I have been wanting to fix this forever.



#4 Agglomerate

Agglomerate

  • Members
  • 60 posts
  • OFFLINE
  •  
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:England, United Kingdom
  • Local time:04:31 AM

Posted 23 March 2013 - 04:08 PM

Try clearing dns cache, open Command Prompt as an administator, type in ipconfig /release, [you may lose connectivity here, this is normal] then type in ipconfig /flushdns. After doing so, ipconfig /renew [you should regain connectivity here]. Then close CMD, and try your sites. Hopefully this helps you.

 

- Agglomerate



#5 speedvision1

speedvision1
  • Topic Starter

  • Members
  • 5 posts
  • OFFLINE
  •  
  • Local time:11:31 PM

Posted 28 March 2013 - 01:10 PM

Hi guys, I tried the download, and ran it. It didn't do anything. I just deleted a version of avast and tried to clean up my programs, hoping that would help. I was thinking maybe I had a program that was interfering. I also did the DNS flush, and Ipconfig, and again, little results. I can visit some sites, but still the same issues really happening. I just tried to visit www.fedex.com and I cannot open or view the site.

 

Any other suggestions would be so greatly appreciated. I am beginning to think I need a new computer when the money is available.



#6 speedvision1

speedvision1
  • Topic Starter

  • Members
  • 5 posts
  • OFFLINE
  •  
  • Local time:11:31 PM

Posted 01 April 2013 - 11:37 AM

Hi,

 

I hope everyone had a good Easter. Those of us that don't celebrate it I hope you had a good day anyways.

 

If anyone has any other suggestions, or need me to copy and paste the event log from my computer, or anything that can help. I hope someone here has seen this or has an idea of what steps to take. I am beginning to think it is a problem inside of the router. I have a 327w...






0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users