Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

McAfee Firewall keeps turning off

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 jentew_uk

jentew_uk

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:07 AM

Posted 19 March 2013 - 05:28 AM

Hi there,

i hope you are well.

I wonder if you could help me with a problem on my PC.  My McAfee firewall has taken to turning itself off.

I have tried starting via services.msc, however just receive the following message

Windows could not start the McAfee Personal Firewall Service service on Local Computer.

Error 1075: The dependancy service does not exist of has been marked for deletion.

I have tried scanning with malwarebytes and antispyware.

Any advice really would be much appreciated.

Kind regards

Jenny Edmonds

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 noknojon

noknojon

• Banned
  • 10,871 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:07 PM

Posted 19 March 2013 - 07:24 PM

Hello jentew_uk and Welcome -
Please read and run MCPR.exe (McAfee Consumer Products Removal tool)
If this is a purchased version, be sure to have your license numbers if you wish to reinstall the program.

Note that this is not an uncommon problem, and a Clean Un/Re install is often the best method -

Thank You -

#3 narenxp

narenxp

• BC Advisor
  • 16,371 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:07 AM

Posted 19 March 2013 - 07:39 PM

Error 1075: The dependancy service does not exist of has been marked for deletion.

Mcafee personal firewall cannot start  if you are missing the windows firewall service.Let us know if you can find windows firewall service .

Edited by narenxp, 19 March 2013 - 07:40 PM.

#4 ChelseaWoolf

ChelseaWoolf

• Members
  • 58 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:07 AM

Posted 14 December 2013 - 01:06 PM

Talk to McAfee

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users