Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Web Hosting

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Vaio840

Vaio840

• Members
  • 17 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:41 PM

Posted 04 April 2006 - 06:39 PM

Probably the zillionth time this query has been broached here, but, did a search first and didn't find what I was looking for.

I am going to put together a web site, again. My first, which was fairly successful, went by the boards when my son contracted cancer. Along with the site went the site name, "Cawtoons". Someone took the name, though it was copyrighted; guess copyright doesn't apply to a domain. At any rate, I want it to be a cartoon, photography, golf and general interest site and am looking for a host.

Have no idea what I am going to name the site as yet but it will be something indicative of the sites subject matter and content. I am interested in placing cartoons and photos on the site for sale and will need a shopping cart and I will link to paypal. Never did this on the first site as that was in the mid-90's. Things have come a long way since then.

Suggestions will be GREATLY appreciated. TCrowe
33 1/3 RPM

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 acklan

acklan

Bleepin' cat's meow

• Members
  • 8,529 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:41 PM

Posted 04 April 2006 - 10:10 PM

I know this sounds cheezey but you could open a eBay store and setup a PayPal account. I have had on since '99 with not problems.
"2007 & 2008 Windows Shell/User Award"

#3 Vaio840

Vaio840
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 17 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:41 PM

Posted 05 April 2006 - 06:47 PM

Hadn't thought of that. Actually, although it probably is much overdone, I feel that I want to re-establish a web presence. Not that I have any grandiose plans, but, hosting has become so much less expensive and it is attractive to me. My old site was a constant source of fun and communication, though not a whole lot of sales, to the point that I had met or sold to customers all over the world.

at any rate, thanks for the idea of eBay, still might give that a shot. Just have to figure a creative angle....... :thumbsup:
33 1/3 RPM

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users