Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

How to install new HDD?

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 blueballs

blueballs

• Members
  • 129 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:57 PM

Posted 18 March 2013 - 09:07 PM

I have an Acer M3100 desk top that had the hard drive fail,I had made recovery disks for it before it failed and I need some advice on getting it running again. Can I just plug in the the brand new HDD and then feed the recovery disks into the dvd/cd player?

Edit: Moved topic from Vista to the more appropriate forum. ~ Animal

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Hawkeye4

Hawkeye4

• Members
  • 326 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:57 AM

Posted 19 March 2013 - 12:53 AM

Yep, just put the new HD in, have the first recovery CD in the disk drive, and start the computer.  And then just follow the instructions.  That should take care of it.

#3 blueballs

blueballs
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 129 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:57 PM

Posted 19 March 2013 - 10:05 PM

Im having problems getting it to post,I have replaced a few capacitors on the motherboard next to the CPU,there are 5 or 6 3300uf caps in parallel and Ive only replaced the 2 that were bulging because they are bastards of things to solder.Looks like I will have to replace the lot and see what happens? 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users