Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Computer Reset When Attempting to Run Download

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Sapienta

Sapienta

• Members
  • 19 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:44 PM

Posted 18 March 2013 - 04:51 PM

First, I would like to apologize for any lack of details present in this question; I know next to nothing about computers so I am not certain what information to provide.

Recently I was forced to restore my computer (using the factory provided CD) and now when I attempt to run a certain file that I downloaded, my computer resets. This happens only when attempting to run a game downloader from a certain site (Brothersoft.com); however, it happens with all game dowloads from that particular site. These games worked just fine before I had to reset the computer, so I am fairly certain there can be nothing wrong with the download itself. If it is relevant, the program I am attempting to run is not the game itself, but rather the downloader for the game. Also, initially when I attempted to run the game downloader I received this error "This application has failed to start because the application configuration is incorrect. Reinstalling the application may fix this problem." However, after doing some research on the internet I updated the .NET Framework and Visual C, now instead of receiving the aforementioned error message, the computer simply restarts.

If it helps, I have an E-machine's T3410 computer with Windows XP Home. Thanks much for any replies.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users