Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Combining 2 different computer parts to make 1

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Ghost 360

Ghost 360

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:14 AM

Posted 18 March 2013 - 12:43 PM

I have a HP Pavilion g7 notebook PC, Bios Version F.07,Processor type:  Intel Pentium CPU  P6200 @ 13GHz  and  Speed : 2133MHz 

dual stick RAM.

I'am trying to place a new hard drive in it.  A WDScorpio Blue, 500 GB, that is brand new.  The computer did have a problem restarting windows 7 home premium before this hard drive.

Now, I can only get the dianostic screen with F1, F2, F3, F4, F11,  and esc. for exit.  At bottom it says  more information at WWW.hp.com/go/techcenter/startup.  Went there and not much help.  I have an acer aspire with intel pentium P1600 and windows 7 home premium O.S.  I thought of creating a complete image disk from my acer to insert into hp. plus I have complete set of recovery disks made by acer.  Can anything I got get the hp to start windows again?  

P.S.  I can add that I do get the windows boot manager screen that says at the end   ::  status:  0xc000000f

info:   The boot selection failed because a required devise is inaccessible.

After that, I can get no response from it.

Edited by siesmic, 18 March 2013 - 01:00 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 56,381 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:14 AM

Posted 19 March 2013 - 11:02 AM

You cannot move a Windows installation on a hard drive...to a different computer...and not expect problems.

Among other considerations...the license from the OEM (manufacturer)...only applies to the system which originally contained that Windows install.

The drivers/settings for one OEM...are intentionally not compatible with another OEM's products.

Louis

#3 Ghost 360

Ghost 360
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  

Posted 19 March 2013 - 03:00 PM

OH, I see. Well, the hard drive I'am trying to install on the hp is brand new. It has never been used at all.  I think I should have to partition then format. It turns out the hp has windows 7 installed, but after running the recovery to repair windows it tells me I have a bad hard drive.  Would this be happening due to not partitioned and formatted?  Also, with this existing sitution, will the system come together if prepared as described?  I thank you for your time,as you probaly can tell, I'am very green at this.

#4 hamluis

hamluis

• 56,381 posts
  •  

Posted 19 March 2013 - 05:27 PM

If you have a new hard drive...and you want to use it on an HP system...you need to either install Windows anew on the hard drive...or clone the old hard drive to the new (a clone is an exact copy).

When either operation is properly done...the result is a formatted partition on a hard drive...with said partition reflecting a bootable Windows.

Louis

#5 Ghost 360

Ghost 360
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  

Posted 20 March 2013 - 09:57 PM

Will the iso image disk that I created on my acer laptop work in order to install what I need on the hp and the new hard drive that will be in it to run the windows 7 it is copied from?  To be completly honest, I'am confused and I realize I have done that to myself.  With the information I have given, will it be possible to fix the hp without any more cost?  I apoligize for the confusion on my part, but it seems I will have to see how each step is needed in what order.

Thanks again

#6 hamluis

hamluis

• 56,381 posts
  •  

Posted 21 March 2013 - 10:27 AM

<<Will the iso image disk that I created on my acer laptop work in order to install what I need on the hp and the new hard drive that will be in it to run the windows 7 it is copied from?>>

As I said...the license and the Windows install on an Acer system...apply only to that system.  HP is not Acer or vice versa, there is no business/operational relationship other than that of competitor...that would/should allow an Acer install...to be transplanted to an HP system...and function in a reasonable, normal manner.  You can always contact either Acer or HP to verify my assertion.

Louis

#7 Ghost 360

Ghost 360
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  

Posted 21 March 2013 - 03:27 PM

I understand now and can fully appreciate why the two computers can not tolerate each other and especialy with parts of one in the other.  Well, at first, I thought I was really on to something there, but now, I can see why it won't work Thanks to your time for explaining the obvious to the obvious.  I'm sure I will have more than enough situations to conquer in the near future, so until then, be safe and have a good day.

Thanx

#8 hamluis

hamluis

• 56,381 posts
  •  

Posted 21 March 2013 - 03:34 PM

:thumbup2: , easily done...happy computing :).

Louis

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users