Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Access point-What is the use of it?

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Presumptuous

Presumptuous

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:17 PM

Posted 18 March 2013 - 09:33 AM

Ok,so i live in quite a big house and my router is downstairs while my computer is upstairs.i bought an access point but im not sure i know i to use effectively,I plugged it in to the router and immediately i got 2 wireless networks i were to chose.first of all why do i get 2 different wireless networks?when i go the the router setting in the browser i can change the name of the two network but ostensibly only one can be configured with a password,so i was thinking maybe i can also access the access point in my browser?

second,if the whole point of the access point is to enlarge and improve the connection speed,how does it help me to connect it to the router that is placed downstairs?

I would like to get a concise information about access point beside answering those 2 questions.

Thank you very much upfront  :flowers:  

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users