Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Chrome policy templates questions

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 exus69

exus69

• Members
  • 24 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:26 AM

Posted 18 March 2013 - 01:25 AM

Chrome Version : 25.0.1364.172 m
Operating System : Windows 7

Hello all,

I've two questions regarding Chrome policy templates:

1) I want to password protect Chrome extensions like "Public Fox" addon in Firefox. But since there's no extension of that sort in Chrome, I am only left with Chrome policy templates option. The problem is trying to prevent users from uninstalling/disabling the already installed extensions Has anyone successfully configured the option "Configure the list of force-installed extensions"?? If yes then please help me out.

2)I've used "Whitelist for Chrome" extension to use Chrome to visit only limited sites. But off late its not letting me use chrome at all. Hence, again, my only hope is Chrome policy templates. The description in this link has not worked for me http://www.chromium.org/administrators/policy-list-3#URLBlacklist

If you know of any solution outside Chrome policy templates then they are welcome as well.

Thanks.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 noknojon

noknojon

• Banned
  • 10,871 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:56 AM

Posted 18 March 2013 - 05:56 PM

Hi -
I Googled for "password protect Chrome extensions" and this option has been asked about for the last 3 years -

There is not any kind of Password protectection for general extensions in chrome currently listed. 
The ironic thing is there are some extensions that claim to password protect the browser. (Quote from Chrome forum)

As a general question only, is there any reason why you do not use Firefox if this has the extension you want ??

Thank You -

#3 exus69

exus69
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 24 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:26 AM

Posted 18 March 2013 - 07:55 PM

Hi noknojon,

I just want to use chrome for certain websites since I've faced alot of problems with flash crash in Chrome.

After going through all the options I am only left with Chrome policy templates but I dont know

why a simple url blacklisting/whitelisting feature isn't working in the templates :inlove:

#4 noknojon

noknojon

• Banned
  • 10,871 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:56 AM

Posted 18 March 2013 - 10:28 PM

Hi -
You can visit  Chrome Web Store - Whitelist for Chrome and go to "Related" -
This contains a few items that you may like, including Nanny for Chrome, Blocker, AdBlock, Block Site and a few others.
I do not use Chrome, only Internet Explorer (95% of the time), and a bit of ORCA, so I can not comment much past this -

You can try some links there, unless you have already and found them useless -

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users