Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

May have caused problem cleaning.

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Joxn

Joxn

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:03 PM

Posted 17 March 2013 - 11:18 PM

Awhile back I installed Avast (Thinking it gave me a virus I decided to uninstall it) During the time when I had to turn off my computer for this to take effect .-.
I decided to clean the dust from my computer..
When I turned it back on it was saying "There was a problem starting Windows" and kept asking me to do the repair tool. Sometimes my computer would just start to a black screen once logging into my account ( I think that was just because of one of my programs "Spybot - Search & Destroy" doing a start up scan" though.
Other times even running the repair tool the Windows wouldn't even start. After a couple hours my computer no longer had the problems of starting up, So I think I may have somehow gotten something slightly moist when I was cleaning the computer of dust, or somehow did something else. Also the two LED lights in the case no longer seem to work, it's both of them so I don't think that they just burnt out or it would be only one. 
After all of this my computer felt a little slower after all said and done? Sometimes just little things that makes me feel it's slow as well; Icons taking a slight time to load, for some reason Facebook is also running noticeably slower now.
I'm not sure if anythings wrong, it just feels like it though... I also want my LED's back on.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 jhayz

jhayz

• BC Advisor
  • 6,922 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:03 AM

Posted 18 March 2013 - 12:58 AM

Hi Joxn :welcome: to Bleepingcomputer.

We need more information of the computer being mentioned.

1. Is it a desktop or a laptop?

2. Have you tried going to Advance Menu option (F8) and choosing 'last known good configuration'?

3. Are these two LED lights you refer to are the Power and Hard drive led lights?

4. Did you try reseatting the data cable and power cable firmly of your hard drive?

5. Check all connectors from the PSU to motherboard are all and well connected.

6. Remove Spybot completely from your system as it is not recommended nowadays.

Tekken

#3 Joxn

Joxn
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:03 PM

Posted 18 March 2013 - 03:37 AM

It's a desktop
Yes I'm pretty sure I tried that back when the whole thing started as well.
No, they are just two alien eyes on the front of the case.
No, I didn't want to mess anything up. After I felt that I may have gotten the circuits wet/moist in the slightest when I cleaned the dust from everything. I didn't want to touch them much because of the whole short circuit thing, I pressed down on a few things to put them back in place if I somehow loosened them but that was it.

#4 jhayz

jhayz

• BC Advisor
  • 6,922 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:03 AM

Posted 19 March 2013 - 02:36 AM

Thinking it gave me a virus I decided to uninstall it

When I turned it back on it was saying "There was a problem starting Windows"

It is ok if Avast finds anything after a recent install and requires you to reboot. Avast is well commended as a free antivirus. What happen to the startup repair prompt with ""There was a problem starting Windows"? Please remove Spybot also as suggested earlier. Run also these in Windows :

Download MiniToolBox and select
List Last 10 Event Viewers, List Installed Programs and List Users, Partitions and Memory Size.
A notepad will open then copy-paste the report on your next reply.

Download Speccy and then install the program.  To post and publish a snapshot of your PC.
. In the Menu bar, click File -> Publish Snapshot
. Click Yes > then Copy to Clipboard
. On your next reply, right-click on a empty space and click Paste on reply box then click Post.

Edited by jhayz, 19 March 2013 - 02:36 AM.

Tekken

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users