Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

tried everything but this bleeping computer still freezes

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 asylum431

asylum431

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:41 AM

Posted 17 March 2013 - 10:25 PM

I have been all over the net and tried most everything, I say most because some stuff wants wants to freeze no matter what. I have a Gateway LX6810-01: intel core 2 quad q8 200, memory 8g ddr2, 640g HD, nivida ge force gt120, 1g of discrete memory, windows vista home premium 64bit. It came with service pack 1, but updated to service pack 2.

I am a musician so everything i have made is on my pc, I am trying not to go down the route of cleaning it out and starting new.

When I go to load up normally it will freeze after it loads everything up, it freezes for about 2 mins then activity but then freeze and repeat. I have to manually shutdown and restart in safemode, but alas the same thing. I tried last known good configuration, but the same. I did get it to work for a cuople of days but everytime i shut it down or put it in sleep if froze for about 10mins before it would start working good again. After about a day or two of this it finally started freezing all together, the mouse would still work, you could click on something but it would still freeze. The only way I can get to do anything on it I have to start it up in Directory Services Restore Mode. Almost eveything works in there, ALMOST. if I try to run Services.msc it will open but then it freezes the pc up, then manual shutdown. While in DSRM I have tried every trick I could find on the NET, short the ones I wasn't sure if I would mess it up more. When I try sfc /scannow it tells me Windows Restore Protection could not start the repair. I was looking up about it and nothing worked. Trustedinstaller wont open so I check the regedit and it appeared to have everything there(I don't know for sure but alot of key and biniry stuff was there). I tried freeing up the startup by disabling alot of stuff even avg figuring it was lagging the system down still no go. Like I said Services.msc freezes so no go there. At this point I am bashing my head into the monitor. I have tried so many things and even seen threads about how mircosoft are idiots about there own stuff.

PLEASE HELP!!!

P.S. I am going crazy not being able to record any music.

Edited by asylum431, 17 March 2013 - 10:37 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 jhayz

jhayz

• BC Advisor
  • 6,922 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:41 PM

Posted 18 March 2013 - 01:24 AM

Hi and Welcome to BC community.

At this point, have you made a backup of your important documents on another drive or not? Were there any changes (add/remove), updates or infections before this happen? Open the desktop side casing and check the brand of your hard drive. It should be tested for consistency and the status by the manufacturing support site.

Tekken

#3 asylum431

asylum431
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:41 AM

Posted 18 March 2013 - 08:38 AM

I have checked the Hard Drive and it came back clean. I did a virus scan everyday, sometime twice a day and nothing. I dont think there was any changes, how can I check for that? I cannot aford a big enough Hard drive to backup everything i have.

Edited by asylum431, 18 March 2013 - 08:40 AM.

#4 jhayz

jhayz

• BC Advisor
  • 6,922 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:41 PM

Posted 19 March 2013 - 02:26 AM

restart in safemode, but alas the same thing

This is my concern of what has transpired in your attempt to resolve the issue as it could be either a failing hard drive, bad RAM stick, power supply, infections or heating problem occuring. A bad drive would eventually compromise your saved data that is why it is a practice to always have recent backups just in case this happens.

I have checked the Hard Drive and it came back clean

It is a good news indeed if the drive is not faulty but what type of test were you able to confirm it passed the short/long test?

Tekken

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users