Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Can't Access Desktop

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
6 replies to this topic

#1 PProposer

PProposer

• Members
  • 38 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:36 AM

Posted 17 March 2013 - 08:29 PM

So here's my issue.

I would like to say first of all I've used this site very rarely and I'm not tech savvy.

Today (around 8:00), I had just finished a report. I went to access my mail service and got as far as the inbox before a white screen appeared over my desktop. I thought maybe windows had screwed up and waited for the screen to disappear. After a while, the screen changed now, a greyer tone of white with random letters in the top-left corner. Frustrated, I shut down my computer and restarted it to be greeted with the same screen and the same change.

I've dealt with the FBI Moneypak virus before with a system restore. Since that, I've made six or seven restore points. The desktop is blocked on both safe mode and safe mode with networking, but Safe Mode with Command Prompt loads without the taskbar and just the prompt. I've tried system restore, but it seems all the points somehow got deleted. Startup Repair did nada, and I'm currently running sfc /scannow with Safe Mode w/ Command Prompt, although I highly doubt it'll help.

Any thought or step-by-step guidance to fixing this, and any tech-savvys who can reply as quick as possible would be appreciated.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 narenxp

narenxp

• BC Advisor
  • 16,371 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:36 AM

Posted 17 March 2013 - 08:31 PM

You should PM gringo or a moderator to reopen this topic

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/485293/fbi-moneypak-virus

#3 PProposer

PProposer
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 38 posts
  •  

Posted 17 March 2013 - 08:35 PM

Moneypak virus has these symptoms? I'm not getting the FBI Moneypak page

#4 narenxp

narenxp

• BC Advisor
  • 16,371 posts
  •  

Posted 17 March 2013 - 08:37 PM

Yep.You should check for malware.If scan comes out clean,come back and post here.

#5 PProposer

PProposer
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 38 posts
  •  

Posted 17 March 2013 - 08:41 PM

I've pmed Gringo to unlock my post. I wasn't aware Moneypak could just give me a blank screen.

#6 narenxp

narenxp

• BC Advisor
  • 16,371 posts
  •  

Posted 17 March 2013 - 09:48 PM

:thumbup2:

#7 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,754 posts
  •  

Posted 19 March 2013 - 10:52 AM

Referenced topic at http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/485293/fbi-moneypak-virus/page-2 , resumed.

To prevent  possible confusion, this topic is now closed.

Louis

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users