Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Problem - Sound Input Changes; Crashes

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Bag3l

Bag3l

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:13 AM

Posted 17 March 2013 - 05:38 PM

Hello,

I have came to these forums to see if I can find a fix to my problem.

I recently did an overhaul on my computer. My old one was custom made about 6 years ago, so I bought brand new everything. 

SPECS:

Case: Zalman z11

SSD: Intel 330 120gb

Hard: 465G something (From earlier computer)

Mobo: Intel dz77gal-70k

Processor: i7 3770k

GPU: Asus 560 ti 

PSU: Corsair 700GS

Cooler: Corsair H70 Series

Sound Card: Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Titanium Fatal1ty Pro Series PCI Express Sound Card

So the problem that is occurring: Recently when I've been on my computer, I get a msg in the bottom right corner (the hub) from the 'Sound' hub. The notification comes up saying 'Your sound input is ready to use.' The notification has a picture of analog cables (The Red/white ones). When this happens my sound cuts out from my headphones, and my Sound hub crashes, as well as my Creative Sound Blaster program. If I restart the computer, the sound fixes itself, but it will happen again within a half an hour. If I don't restart the computer, it'll eventually just freeze and shut down. After it shuts down, it repeatedly tries to power up, and fails. I took a look inside my case and saw that when it attempts to power up, the 'CPU HOT' warning LED on the motherboard was lit up. To fix this, I got a Corsair H70 series water cooler installed, but the problem still persists. 

I also found the sound input that it said it 'Ready to use' on the Sound page and disabled it completely, hoping that it would not re-activate, but it still does.

Any answers would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Bag3l 

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Chris Charles007

Chris Charles007

• Members
  • 30 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:43 PM

Posted 18 March 2013 - 12:29 PM

Welcome to BC Community Bag3l

Have you tried updating your Drivers for your Sound card.

Are you still getting 'CPU HOT" warning LED, after installing Water Cooler..

Chris.

Regards,
Chris
tokeepmypcup.com

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users