Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Problems With Wireless Router

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 nakedyak

nakedyak

• Members
  • 48 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:36 AM

Posted 04 April 2006 - 03:14 PM

Hello, I have a wireless router, and it is giving me a lot of problems. The router is a Linksys 2.4ghz router, model number wrt546. The problem is that sometimes the internet will not work at all. If this happens, we have to unplug the router or take the power jack out, and then turn it back on. Then it will work fine for 10 minutes to an hour, when we will have to repeat the process. Internet connection seems slower than it should be as well. If anyone knows how to fix this problem, i'd appreciate it. Thanks

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 acklan

acklan

Bleepin' cat's meow

• Members
  • 8,529 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:36 AM

Posted 04 April 2006 - 10:08 PM

What type of internet connection do you have? You may have a damaged service line from you modem to the service box, or even out to the pole/junction box. Squirrls love the plastic cover on cable and teleco wire.
"2007 & 2008 Windows Shell/User Award"

#3 nakedyak

nakedyak
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 48 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:36 AM

Posted 04 April 2006 - 11:26 PM

No, its nothing like that. Turns out we switched back to our old router, and it seems to be working allright. I'll post again if we have trouble with this one.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users