Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

hamachi hacker, virus in router, is this possible?

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 10 pin queen

10 pin queen

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:20 PM

Posted 17 March 2013 - 04:05 AM

Hello, Ive never posted, but I have read and followed advice given, on more problems than I care to think of right now. I have a huge problem and I know that if anyone can help, its you guys. Any help or advice will as always be appreciated.

My 9 yr old son is a minecraft addict. He was threatened recently on x box live by a gamer named billowy prizm 7 who said repeatedly that he was going to hack him. My son eventually became friends with the person, or so he thought. (My son has ocd and autism so kids tend to be able to take advantage of him easily, were working on it.)

I bought him a dell inspiron laptop for his birthday, and being the addict that he is, he wanted minecraft in his pc. I was out and his friend billowy convinced him that he had to download a program called "hamachi" to be able to play together on their pcs. They used the xbox live mic. to walk through all of the steps to download and install. When I got home my son told me about it and I found out that the program was for linking computer networks so I immediatly deleted the program. I was too late though because not long after, my sons comp. was acting up and three warnings were brought onto his screen. One was a Trojan, and the other two said hacker virus or something like that, within hours I couldnt log on again, it seemed his password had changed. I returned his comp. and got a new one. Problem solved, but not quite.

This all in a matter of 4 days.

I logged on to my old faithful pc this afternoon, went to check my router settings, I swear the second after I typed in the router password, my whole house had a freakout! Daughter asking why xbox was down, son freaking cause wii netflix was disconnected, my pc couldnt find web pages etc. Called ISP, they checked a few things, had me power down and up again on the satellite, was up again in no time.

Surfed for a bit, then something popped up asking if I wanted "disk antivirus professional" clicked no, and the next thing ya know I have a lil icon near my comp clock that wont allow me to exit. I tried to delete it on add remove programs, it wasn't there. I searched it and found it in random folder, deleted all three programs (named disk antivirus), but every page I went to after that would not open without a popup saying this page was determined unsafe by disk antivirus. I'd click open anyway, the pages opened.
I went to c net to get virus removal software, I could download but no programs could open. I went into safe mode, renamed the three virus removal programs, tried to open them, one opened, scanned. found over 1000 threats, but asked me to get user key, to delete. Went to my mail box but when I tried it wouldn't let me open the key page.
I found my original disks and performed complete system reformat. When done, turned comp on, went to safe mode, tried to get online to go get an antivirus and now I cant get comp to find my wireless connection. Warning says "sisnic.sys on windows driver cabinet is needed". I dont think the virus is gone because when I reconnected the ethernet cable, my comp. revved up and sounded louder then I've ever heard it.

Now what? Is my sons new laptop in danger? Should I worry about the x box, wii, nexus, I phones? What about my personal info I had on my pc? I really don't know what to do or where to start. I'd like to get my stone age pc up again if possible. I'm planning on upgrading soon, will the hacker be able to trash new devices? Is my router hacked? I don't think my old pc was connected when my son downloaded hamachi. How do I know if hacker is gone? Any help or opinion offered will be appreciated. Specs below.

Old PC
hp pavillion a1213w
Windows XP
Newest internet explorer was operating at the time

Router
cisco linksys E1500

Satellite internet, but old pc was hooked up via ethernet cable to router

Sons Laptop
dell inspiron
windows 8
mcafee antivirus
internet explorer

Long story, thanks for taking the time to read it.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users