Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

HDD/BIOS Help!

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 potatological

potatological

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:39 AM

Posted 17 March 2013 - 01:53 AM

My bios isn't listing my hard drive as a bootable device. I have no idea what's wrong! When i start my computer up i get this message:

The current BIOS setting do not fully support the boot device. 
Click OK to enter the BIOS Setup.
then in yellow text:
Go to Advanced>Boot>CSM Parameters and adjust the CSM (Compatibility Support Module) settings to enable the boot device.

But not only do i have no idea how the hell to set those parameters, i'm completely unfamiliar with this Asus chipset motherboard and it's drivin me nuts!

Please anyone help me out? Took my computer to geeksquad and they told me i need to order a factory restore disk from Asus and i can't even call till monday to inquire about it! It's been a week of me trying to figure this out and i am literally banghead.gif banghead.gif banghead.gif banghead.gif

Thank you in advance for any help!

My computer model: Asus CM1745

Upgrades i have made:
520 WATT Dynex PSU model: DX-520wps 
HD Radeon 6870 GPU

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 jhayz

jhayz

• BC Advisor
  • 6,922 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:39 PM

Posted 18 March 2013 - 01:05 AM

Welcome potatological to BC community. :)

Have you resolved the BIOS error message? Did you try loading default settings and making sure that the hard drive (presuming  SATA) is enabled under your BIOS utility menu.

Tekken

#3 potatological

potatological
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:39 AM

Posted 18 March 2013 - 01:32 AM

No i have not.
I have tried that (Yes, Sata6) and it is enabled, AHCI.

#4 James Litten

James Litten

Ԁǝǝ˥q

• BC Advisor
  • 1,946 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:39 AM

Posted 18 March 2013 - 09:48 AM

Hi

What is the value in the BIOS boot screen for LAUNCH CSM?

Is the OS Windows 8?

James

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users