Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Ms Word Printing Problem

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Larry-P

Larry-P

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:11 PM

Posted 04 April 2006 - 02:48 PM

New to the board!
Thought I'd give you guy's a try on this one.

Windows XP Home, Microsoft Office 2000, Printer- HP DJ6122,

When I attempt to print a document from MS Word, ( with text and jpg images ) to the HP DJ6122 printer and have the "Print Preview" checked in the DJ6122 setup box, the preview window pops-up for a brief sec. then is replaced by a "Cartridge Status" window. I can not print and have to delete the print job before I can print again.

Printing the same document ( but with a bmp image ) and same setup, will go to the printer preview window and print ok.

The cartridges are both new and print ok in all other applications.
The latest printer driver for XP has been installed.
MS Office SP's have been installed.

I reciently upgraded from Windows ME and have all the same equipment now as when running ME.
Was able to print preview before with jpg images in a document.
Windows XP (Home) 3GHz Intel Pentium 4 2GB RAM
Video Rage Fury Pro/Xpert 2000 Pro (All-In-Wonder 128 Pro AGP)
80GB H.D. Seagate ST3802110A

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Rimmer

Rimmer

• Members
  • 2,159 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:11 AM

Posted 04 April 2006 - 08:13 PM

I'd check the HP website and see if they have a more recent printer driver (for XP) you can update to. That sounds to me like the source of the problem.
:thumbsup:

Soltek QBIC, Pentium 4 3.0GHz, 512MB RAM, 200GB SATA HDD, ATI Radeon 9600XT 256MB, Netgear 54Mb/s WAP, ridiculously expensive Satellite Broadband
Windows XP Home SP2, Trend Micro Internet Security, Firefox, Thunderbird, AdAwareSE, Spybot S&D, SpywareBlaster, A-squared Free, Ewido Security Suite.

#3 Larry-P

Larry-P
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:11 PM

Posted 04 April 2006 - 09:41 PM

Rimmer

I've been back and forth with their e-mail tech service.
So far they have had me downloading- reinstalling everything from Word (Office) to their latest and greatest update.

I think the XP version of the HP DJ6122 preview has a bug in it and they won't admit it.

I've cleaned my registry and tried everything I can think of. No luck.

Thanks for reply

Larry
Windows XP (Home) 3GHz Intel Pentium 4 2GB RAM
Video Rage Fury Pro/Xpert 2000 Pro (All-In-Wonder 128 Pro AGP)
80GB H.D. Seagate ST3802110A

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users