Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Need help with frequent BSoD's

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 stiv12

stiv12

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:40 AM

Posted 16 March 2013 - 07:48 PM

Hello there, i have problem with frequent bluescreen's lately so far i tried reinstall windows, clean the PC inside all fan's etc. BSoD's appear's at playing the games or watching something in flash player, sometimes even at browsing webs (but those are very very rare).

Im adding a link with minidumps

http://www.speedyshare.com/peePc/minidumps.rar

More information:

Screen from HWMonitor http://i.imgur.com/oLiPxF8.jpg

Screen from HDTune (health) http://i.imgur.com/9Sn3LYw.png

I tried to check voltages manually here are the resoults:

On line 12V  i have 12,21-12,25 V
On 3.33V i have 3.39-3.40 V
5V shows 5.06-5.08 V

I have even tested the voltage under PC stress nothing abnormal.

Screen from bluescreenview

http://i.imgur.com/JHu7bkc.jpg

Are there are any tests for motherboard i can do or something else to check? I have 2 piece of 2gb ram tried them separately and bsods are there, i will do memtest soon.

Edited by hamluis, 21 March 2013 - 06:15 AM.
Moved from XP to Internal Hardware - Hamluis.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Artrooks

Artrooks

• Members
  • 1,463 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:40 AM

Posted 17 March 2013 - 05:31 AM

Hello stiv12,

1.)  Since your BSOD bug check codes strongly suggest memory issues, you should test memory first.   It is best to test memory outside the Windows operating system, so please follow this post: Windows 7 - RAM - Test with Memtest86+ to either create a bootable CD (Method 2)  or bootable USB flash drive (Method 1) to run the test.

• Once the computer is booted from the CD or USB flash drive, MemTest86+ will start automatically and continue until you stop it by pressing the ESC key.
  • My recommendation would be to run MemTest86+ overnight; 12 hours rather than just 7 passes.  Start a few hours before bed and check frequently for errors.  If no errors, then let it run overnight.
    • There should be NO errors reported.
    • The test can be stopped by pressing the ESC key as soon as an error is reported or after a suitable testing period without errors .
  • See Part 3: If you have errors.
    • Warning: If your computer is still under warranty, opening the case to remove memory for testing purposes, may VOID that warranty.

2.)  Your posted minidump files are two weeks old.  I noticed that the image of BlueScreenView shows more recent minidumps.  Could you please post the most recent minidump files as well.

3.)  To help us get a better look at your computer's hardware, please download and install Speccy by Piriform. (mirror site)

• Run Speccy and from the top menu, select File --> Publish Snapshot.  Click "Yes" to proceed.
  • Click, Copy to Clipboard and  paste this address into your next post.

Thank you

Regards,
Brooks

#3 stiv12

stiv12
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:40 AM

Posted 20 March 2013 - 11:04 AM

1. I used memtest for 12 h and had 14 passes, no errors at all.

2. Those are most recent ones they just repeat that's why there's no new ones.

3. http://speccy.piriform.com/results/ALEopleCLijScDxeJbJCqNJ

P.S i forgot to mention i already tested my usb sound card it's fine i replaced it with old sound blaster live 5.1 and had bsod

edit: i think i found out what's the problem i checked motherboard's capacitors and they are bulged i remember i had a problem with bsods on my old PC in past and changed motherboard because of bulged capacitors and PC works fine till today, i can provide a photo of my motherboard if u want to but im pretty sure that's the reason of bsods.

What motherboard u recommend for my PC ?

Edited by stiv12, 20 March 2013 - 11:25 AM.

#4 Artrooks

Artrooks

• Members
  • 1,463 posts
  •  

Posted 20 March 2013 - 04:26 PM

Hello,

If your motherboard has bulged capacitors, then they could cause a multitude of problems including BSODs.  I  am not a good one to ask about a motherboard replacement for this system.

Maybe others will have advise.

Regards,
Brooks

#5 Sneakycyber

Sneakycyber

Network Engineer

• BC Advisor
  • 6,130 posts
  •  

Posted 21 March 2013 - 09:44 PM

You board is the perfect choice for your setup I would try to find Another Asus ( my personal preference)  or another board with the Intel g41 chipset

Chad Mockensturm 
Network Engineer
Certified CompTia Network +, A +

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users