Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

CD will NOT RUN or PLAY!

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 SVT40

SVT40

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:44 AM

Posted 16 March 2013 - 04:29 PM

This is getting ridiculous,I can't play a CD in my beeping disk drive at all! I tried everything and inserting reinserting the disk,I have tried multiple disks and I checked the connection cables on the disk drive.

What is the standard command in Windows 8 to run a disk in the disk drive?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Grinler

Grinler

Lawrence Abrams

• Admin
  • 43,593 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:44 PM

Posted 18 March 2013 - 01:30 PM

Should be able to just open computer, right click on the drive and select play.

#3 canadagoose

canadagoose

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  

Posted 19 March 2013 - 11:29 AM

Didn't I read somewhere that windows 8 doesn't have Windows Meedia player and that you have to go on line and get it?

#4 Grinler

Grinler

Lawrence Abrams

• Admin
  • 43,593 posts
  •  

Posted 19 March 2013 - 03:51 PM

SVT, are you trying to watch a movie or play an audio cd? Windows 8 does come with Windows Media Player, but does not include the codecs to watch most movies.  For that you need to purchase the pro pack.  You can always, though, download VideoLan Player and use that instead.

#5 SVT40

SVT40
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  

Posted 20 March 2013 - 09:54 PM

Should be able to just open computer, right click on the drive and select play.

That's what I tried many times but when I click on D: its just transparent and not clickable and when I select Run D: it says insert disk even though I already have a disk in the disk drive

SVT, are you trying to watch a movie or play an audio cd? Windows 8 does come with Windows Media Player, but does not include the codecs to watch most movies.  For that you need to purchase the pro pack.  You can always, though, download VideoLan Player and use that instead.

I was trying to install a disk that came with my PC with drivers and other stuff and even when I physically inserted the disk into drive it did not work until I added in command prompt reg.exe add "HKLM\System\CurrentControlSet\Services\atapi\Controller0" /f /v EnumDevice1 /t REG_DWORD /d 0x000000001 and only then I am now able to use my disk drive but only by manually opening and closing the disk drive but I still cannot control it from my desktop!

Edited by SVT40, 20 March 2013 - 09:57 PM.

#6 Grinler

Grinler

Lawrence Abrams

• Admin
  • 43,593 posts
  •  

Posted 22 March 2013 - 08:16 AM

I would try removing the device in the device manager and rebooting. Let windows detect and reinstall the device.

#7 SVT40

SVT40
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  

Posted 22 March 2013 - 08:56 PM

I uninstalled the device in devices and printers and also uninstalled the driver,it did not work and still the disk drive cannot be operated automatically,only manually now by opening and closing drive.

I would try removing the device in the device manager and rebooting. Let windows detect and reinstall the device.

#8 Grinler

Grinler

Lawrence Abrams

• Admin
  • 43,593 posts
  •  

Posted 27 March 2013 - 05:00 PM

Do you have any programs like Daemon Tool or PowerDVD installed? Any DVD software or virtual cd software?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users