Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

No Internet (DNS , ping, VNC, RDP... etc. all work fine)

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 imolaavant

imolaavant

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:36 AM

Posted 16 March 2013 - 01:29 PM

I've spent 2 days on this and am reaching out for help because I'm at a loss.

As the title says, it's only internet internet that's not working.  Other computers on the network are not affected & no proxys in use. IP4 only, same issue on different networks with DHCP or a manual address configuration.

This occurred after the KB2809289 update was installed and the computer rebooted.  I uninstalled it but the problem did not go away.  I am unable to roll back to a prior restore point either, that keeps failing.

I have run with no positive results:

netsh int ip reset & netsh winsock reset

Something that's strange is that when the computer reboots I get a message about "Ruby interpreter stopped working".  Even after disabling all startup apps (but not services).  I'm not sure where this is coming from; I did a system search for the application name (rubyw.exe) and offending module (msvcrt-ruby191.dll) listed in the error message but the only hits were in Appdata/Local/Temp

Any help or suggestions on where to go from here would be greatly appreciated.

EDIT: Additional Info:

Chrome gives a message: Error 137 (net::ERR_NAME_RESOLUTION_FAILED): Unknown error

Firefox gives " Server not found

IE will not open, it crashes without an error.

As mentioned above, DNS is working, If I type in an IP address chrome's error changes to Error 2 (net::ERR_FAILED): Unknown errror.  Firefox displays the same Server not found message.

Same results when using Safe Mode with networking

Edited by imolaavant, 16 March 2013 - 01:48 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users