Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

My Win 7 PC is not booting, and I have tryed everything I know to fix it.

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 xlirate

xlirate

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:09 PM

Posted 16 March 2013 - 11:22 AM

I have a Dell Precision 490 computer with one Xeon cpu and 8gb of ram. It is not booting normally. There is no BSoD, it just hangs. I went through windows' recovery tools, but they did not fix it, even after I tried two different system restore points. This is the error report it gave me

Problem event name   StartupRepairOffline
01                               6.1.7600.16385
02                               6.1.7600.16385
03                               unknown
04                               21200548
05                               AutoFailover
06                               3
07                               BadDriver
OS version                 6.1.7600.2.0.0.256.1

I have it sitting here running in safe mode, and I have tried using CCleaner to fix it.
Can anyone help?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Comptech72

Comptech72

• Members
  • 78 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:09 PM

Posted 19 March 2013 - 12:50 PM

Open up the run window (windows key + R) and type msconfig.. click on the startup tab.. and uncheck all the items that are not nessecary. You can refer the names with the startup tab on this site. It will let you know what ones you  can uncheck. then try to reboot  and see if it will go into normal mode. If it does one by one check one of those that you disabled and reboot see which one is causing the problem. 

#3 YourTechBoy

YourTechBoy

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:09 PM

Posted 19 March 2013 - 05:58 PM

Well, As far as I read your information, you have a driver failure. This mostly happens when a unneeded driver is installed or incorrect hardware.  The most quickest and "painful" way is to restore it. Install Windows 7 again, except this time, install it clean!

Edited by YourTechBoy, 19 March 2013 - 05:58 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users