Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

VIDEO CARDS

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 LOVEMYPC

LOVEMYPC

• Members
  • 661 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:10 PM

Posted 16 March 2013 - 08:30 AM

HI,I may have a problem with my nvidia GS 7300 CARD

I was watching a show my PC and the screen on that i was using started to flicker,i changed the screen to a tv station and it cleared up,i pulled video card out and left me with on board video which is a nvidia

to,right now i am using on board video and a GATEWAY MONITOR no problems with flickering at all so can i assume that my GS 7300  is toast,thanks

Edited by LOVEMYPC, 16 March 2013 - 08:31 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 jhayz

jhayz

• BC Advisor
  • 6,922 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:10 AM

Posted 16 March 2013 - 10:42 PM

Most likely a thermal event issue with the GPU chip as the AGP card needs to be replaced.

Tekken

#3 LOVEMYPC

LOVEMYPC
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 661 posts
  •  

Posted 17 March 2013 - 01:22 AM

HI,I took a closer look at the side that has the cooling fan on and one of the little towers which i believe are resistors the top of one was raised and split open,so this is problaly my problem.

#4 jhayz

jhayz

• BC Advisor
  • 6,922 posts
  •  

Posted 18 March 2013 - 12:37 AM

It will be your call to have it replace or just purchase another AGP/PCI card which is cheaper nowadays or stick with the onboard instead. :thumbup2:

Tekken

#5 LOVEMYPC

LOVEMYPC
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 661 posts
  •  

Posted 18 March 2013 - 03:11 AM

HI,jhayz,I am on the on board right now i would like to the big screen HDTV,but having trouble finding cabling to hook up to it.

Is there any relationship between the on board and screen size or is it is just a signal to the tv screen.

Another forum suggested replacing the capacitor only but unless you have done before it does not look that easy,thanks

#6 jhayz

jhayz

• BC Advisor
  • 6,922 posts
  •  

Posted 19 March 2013 - 02:38 AM

Are you on HDMI or just VGA? Most likely VGA I presume... What TV brand is it?

Tekken

#7 LOVEMYPC

LOVEMYPC
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 661 posts
  •  

Posted 19 March 2013 - 02:58 AM

HI,jhayz,it is a PANASONIC HDTV,it has (3)HDMI,(2)COMPONET,S-VIDEO and a y/p/b.

With this video card i was trying to download a GOOGLE earth program and got message that video card could not handle it.

It appears that my best bet would be getting a better card,thanks

#8 jhayz

jhayz

• BC Advisor
  • 6,922 posts
  •  

Posted 19 March 2013 - 03:37 AM

:)

Tekken

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users