Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

WerFault.exe/wermgr.exe

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 '88Scrat

'88Scrat

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:11 PM

Posted 15 March 2013 - 09:09 PM

So I got a problem that I was hoping you guys could help me with.

I just got a new computer (literally its about 2 days old) with Windows 8 and already I have problems. I transferred some pictures, music, and video from my old computer and for a while everything was hunky dory. I could watch all the movies, and view all the pictures. Music played with no problem.

All was working fine 1 day ago, very smoothly and then this evening I can't play any videos or music, and can't even view pictures. Every time I try I get a message similar to this this:

WerFault.exe - Application Error

The instruction at 0x5bd5ab6c referenced memory at 0x9722ede0.

The memory could not be written.

Click OK to terminate the program.

The only thing that changes is the numbers that I assume are memory storage locations and sometimes another notification that says the remote procedure call failed.

I don't mean to sound mad but what the @#$^? How can it be messed up already?

Edited by '88Scrat, 15 March 2013 - 09:09 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 '88Scrat

'88Scrat
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  

Posted 16 March 2013 - 12:34 AM

Ok, a quick update.

I restarted my computer (I changed nothing, just restarted it) and everything worked fine for a while.

Then later, as I was playing some Starcraft 2, the game crashed and suddenly I could once again not access movies, music, pictures, or now even open their folders. This applies to Word 2010 documents as well. When I try to access these folders, it simply says that Windows Explorer encountered an unexpected error and had to close.

This is kinda frustrating...

#3 Grinler

Grinler

Lawrence Abrams

• Admin
  • 43,659 posts
  •  

Posted 18 March 2013 - 04:27 PM

This error clears up everytime you reboot?

You may want to run memtest on it to check for faulty memory:

http://www.memtest.org/

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users